Adobe Photoshop Elements Course
Discover the wonders of one of Adobe’s brilliant photo editing software Photoshop Elements. We’ll provide you with the instruction and images you need; make sure to bring your laptop (with software pre-loaded-The trial version is OK)
The class covers
Learning the Workspace
- Quick vs Expert Vs Guided Modes/Overview of the Options Panel
- Overview of the Tools in the Tool Bar
- Basic Cropping and Rotating/Flipping Images
Editing Your Images Part One
- Fixing Exposure Problems/Fixing Colour and White Balance Problems
- Altering Brightness and Contrast on The entire or Part of the image
- Converting Colour images to Black and White
- Using the Built-in Art Filters for Cool Effects/Making Panoramas
Editing Your Images Part 2
- Choosing Specific Areas of an image to Enhance
- Moving People from one image to another
- Merging Photos together to choose the best bits of both!
- What are Layers, and how can we use them?
- Using Layers to create calendars, prize presentations, and Magazine Covers
What you will learn
- A hands on class showing how to use what is regarded as the world’s best photographic software. You bring your Laptop (with the software pre-loaded -The trial version will do), we supply the images and advice.
- Making HDR and Panoramas/White Balance/Noise Reduction and more
What you will get
- We will provide for you several images that need work as well as guidebooks so you can work on the same images later.
- Small class max 4 persons at Local Venues and at Weekends
- "Hands on " Teaching from a Tutor with 10 years experience in Lightroom as well as 30 Years experience in Photography
What to bring
- Laptops with Software Preloaded, the trail version will be OK. Note pads and a pen and an eagerness to learn!
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Alwyns Photo School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.
More From Alwyns Photo School
Beginners Photography Course 1Beginners Photography Course 1
AU$99.00Eltham, VICSun, 11 Jun 9:30AM (AEST) (+4 more)
Wildlife Photography at Melbourne ZooWildlife Photography at Melbourne Zoo
AU$109.00Parkville, VICFri, 16 Jun 9:00AM (AEST) (+2 more)
Flash Photography CourseFlash Photography Course
AU$109.00Eltham, VICSat, 15 Jul 2:00PM (AEST)
Rivers, Redwoods & Rainforests PhotographyRivers, Redwoods & Rainforests Photography
AU$109.00Warburton, VICSun, 10 Sep 9:30AM (AEST)
Portrait & People Photography CoursePortrait & People Photography Course
AU$109.00Eltham, VICSun, 11 Jun 2:00PM (AEST) (+2 more)
Course 16-Seascape and Castles WorkshopCourse 16-Seascape and Castles Workshop
AU$119.00Point Lonsdale, VICSun, 08 Oct 9:30AM (AEDT)
Flower & Garden Photography Course (Melbourne)Flower & Garden Photography Course (Melbourne)
AU$109.00East Melbourne, VICSun, 06 Aug 9:30AM (AEST) (+1 more)
Art Nude Photography CourseArt Nude Photography Course
AU$189.00Eltham, VICSat, 10 Jun 2:00PM (AEST) (+1 more)
Restoring Family History (Fixing Old Photographs)Restoring Family History (Fixing Old Photographs)
AU$109.00Eltham, VICSun, 16 Jul 1:30PM (AEST)
Healesville Sanctuary Wildlife Photography CourseHealesville Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Course
AU$109.00Badger Creek, VICSat, 17 Jun 9:30AM (AEST) (+3 more)
Waterfall & Sculpture Photography CourseWaterfall & Sculpture Photography Course
AU$119.00Marysville, VICSun, 22 Oct 10:00AM (AEDT)
Macro Photography Course (Eltham)Macro Photography Course (Eltham)
AU$109.00Eltham, VICSun, 25 Jun 9:30AM (AEST) (+1 more)