Lightroom Classic Course
(+2 more dates)
An Adobe Lightroom Course showing how to use what is viewed as the world’s best photographic software.
An ideal course for both beginners and experienced users.
You bring your Laptop (with the software pre-loaded -The trial version will do), and we will supply the images and advice.
We will provide you with several images that need work and guidebooks so you can work on the same pictures later.
The Photo Editing Course covers
- Importing your Images and Setting up your Catalogue
- What are RAW Files, and how can they help our Photo Editing?
- Setting up and Personalising Lightroom.
- What are Smart Previews/Organising your Images-So you can easily find them!
- Organising and Grouping your Images.
- Flagging, Key-wording and Tagging so you can find Images Quickly and Easily.
- Using Collections to find groups of images/Geo-tagging your pictures.
- Face tagging (Finding people in your images)/Geotagging (finding where the photos were taken)
Editing Your Images
- Using Pre-sets for Fast Editing/Making and Importing Pre-sets.
- Navigating The Develop Module/Fixing Exposure Problems.
- Fixing Colour and White Balance Problems/Reducing Noise in Images.
- Bulk Image Fixing/Using Gradual and Radial Filters.
- Learning the Shortcuts/Straightening and Cropping Images.
- Using the Smart Brush/Removing Spots from Faces.
- Adjusting saturation on specific areas/Quick ways to remove wrinkles.
- Sharpening Images/Fixing Perspective Problems
- Altering intensity of Specific Colours.
- Removing Colour and Working with Black and White.
- Removing Haze from Images/Creating Panoramas.
- Making HDR Images
- Adding Watermarks to your exported images
What you will learn
- A hands on class showing how to use what is regarded as the world’s best photographic software. You bring your Laptop (with the software pre-loaded -The trial version will do), we supply the images and advice.
- The first class will cover-What are RAW Files and how can they help our Photo Editing. Setting up and Personalising Lightroom. What are Smart Previews and why are they useful. Viewing Options. Organising and Grouping you Images. Flagging,Key-wording and Tagging so your can find Images Quickly and Easily. Using Collections to find groups of images. Geo tagging you images . Using Presets for Fast Editing. Making and Importing Presets. Using the Auto Fix Function. Working with Virtual Copies. Fixing Exposure Problems. Learning the Shortcuts. Straightening and Cropping Images. Using the Smart Brush. Removing Spots from Faces. Adjusting Saturation on Specific Areas. Quick Ways to Remove Wrinkles.
What you will get
- Class notes and images to practise with
- Small class max 4 persons
- Local venues at weekends
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm!
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.