Sourdough Bread Workshop
(+5 more dates)
Social distancing provisions in place (max 7 participants)
Ever wanted to bake sourdough bread at home? Creating your own sourdough bread is easier than you might think. Join Rick, of The Life We Want as he demonstrates this age old process and introduces you to the equipment and skills required to get started baking at home.
With a Naturopathic degree and over a decade’s experience teaching nutrition our demonstrator Rick Lavender has a wealth of knowledge to share. Baking sourdough bread has been a natural response for Rick to the challenge of living a healthy life.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have a basic understanding of :
- How to create and look after your own Sourdough starter culture
- What kind of flour to use for the best nutrition and results
- The equipment needed to produce a great looking and tasting sourdough tin loaf at home
- How to knead sticky high hydration dough for a more authentic sourdough loaf
- What bread dough looks and feels like at its various stages of preparation and development
- How to bake sourdough bread using a bread tin in a home oven
During this hands on workshop you will make your own sourdough starter culture to take home. You will mix and hand knead a 1kg batch of sourdough. Shape and prepare dough for baking at home. And observe Rick baking a finished sourdough loaf.
Participants will be limited to 6 to maintain an informal interactive format.
The workshop will include:
- Comprehensive workshop notes
- Sourdough starter culture
- Discount on a professional quality bread tin
A bread tin will be required for this class. You can bring your own (450g size is good) or purchase one at the workshop at a discounted rate.
Keep your afternoon free to bake your loaf at home.
What you will learn
- Ways to create and look after your own Sourdough starter culture, flour to use for the best nutrition and results.
- Ways to knead sticky high hydration dough for a more authentic sourdough loaf, equipment needed to produce a great looking and tasting sourdough tin loaf at home.
- Ways to bake sourdough bread using a bread tin in a home oven, bread dough looks and feels like at its various stages of preparation and development.
What you will get
- Comprehensive workshop notes.
- Sourdough starter culture.
- Discount on a professional quality bread tin.
What to bring
- A bread tin will be required for this class. You can bring your own (450g size is good) or purchase one at the workshop at a discounted rate.
What to wear
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Everyone, no experience necessary.
Bee Sustainable helps people lead a sustainable life. We supply the necessary equipment and requirements to pursue self sufficiency with an emphasis on domestic food production and storage.
Robert, the proprietor of Bee Sustainable, comes from a bee keeping family and has been involved with various aspects of bee keeping over many years. The Bee Sustainable project has been Robert’s passion since he recognised the need for the services and goods now offered through the business.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Participation in Bee Sustainable's classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that bees and the kitchen environment can pose risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur.
More From Bee Sustainable
Beekeeping WorkshopBeekeeping Workshop
from AU$85.00Brunswick East, VICSat, 26 Aug 1:00PM (AEST) (+2 more)
Other classes you might like
Artisan Muffins Online Course Plus Bonus ZoomArtisan Muffins Online Course Plus Bonus Zoom
AU$22.00Live via ZoomSat, 01 Jul 11:30AM (AEST) (+1 more)
Perfect Cookies Full Online Course Plus Bonus ZoomPerfect Cookies Full Online Course Plus Bonus Zoom
AU$22.00Live via ZoomSun, 25 Jun 12:00PM (AEST) (+1 more)
Learn How to Bake Alfajores BiscuitsLearn How to Bake Alfajores Biscuits
from AU$99.00Live via ZoomFri, 16 Jun 6:30PM (AEST) (+6 more)Accepts private bookings
Thermomix Modes Deep Dive Zoom (Free)Thermomix Modes Deep Dive Zoom (Free)
AU$0.00Live via ZoomThu, 13 Jul 7:00PM (AEST)
Perfect Scrolls with your ThermomixPerfect Scrolls with your Thermomix
AU$8.00Live via ZoomSat, 29 Jul 11:30AM (AEST) (+1 more)
Easy Overnight Sourdough Online Plus Bonus ZoomEasy Overnight Sourdough Online Plus Bonus Zoom
AU$59.00Live via ZoomSun, 09 Jul 11:30AM (AEST) (+1 more)