See farther from the shoulders of giants.
Being able to consistently find inspiration is the most crucial skill you need to make captivating photographs.
In this relaxed, conversational class we’ll drink from the well of the most genre-defining (and defying) masters of photography through a guided immersion into 100+ years of arresting and inspirational single images, photo-essays and photobooks.
We’ll track the course of the most innovative contributions to photography and deconstruct what makes them work.
We’ll touch on black and white, the birth of colour, a range of film formats and camera types, the digital revolution, the poetic, the representational, the decisive and the suggestive; stand alone images that tell stories, epic photo essays and creative book sequences. That is, the best work that defines, blurs and transcends photojournalism, documentary, travel, street, landscape, portraiture, fine art and typological photography.
- Improve your photographic visual literacy, a valuable awareness of both influential and unsung photographers, their approaches, philosophies, visual styles and techniques.
- Learn to recognize where your photography sits historically, conceptually and aesthetically (and therefore know when your work stands out).
- Learn to pay homage to, combine and build on the work and styles of your influences consciously.
- Three hours of animated discussion, insight and access to top photobooks with an award-winning photographer.
- A gold mine reading/viewing list of suggested photographers, their books and films about them to continue self-directed learning, enjoyment and inspiration for years to come.
- A pen, notepad and the names of two photographers who inspire you.
Photography enthusiasts of all ages and abilities (under 18 please bring a parent guardian).
Cam Cope Photography requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Cam Cope Photography to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Cam Cope Photography or organised by Cam Cope Photography must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Cam Cope Photography.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Cam Cope Photography unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Cam Cope Photography classes and events or on Cam Cope Photography's premises. (For use of Cam Cope Photography marketing materials).
Cam Cope Photography requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.