How do photographers use composition to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary?
In this relaxed, conversational workshop you will learn to identify the points of interest, shapes, lines and ratios hiding in plain sight all around us – and how to employ them as building blocks for captivating photographs.
We’ll illustrate and discuss how these basic shapes and forms interact with content and other elements of style to bring your visual subjects alive.
Each concept is taught using thoughtfully designed, high quality visual aids and immediately reinforced by shoot-and-review sessions that will cement your theoretical foundation.
- Acquire universal tools for building successful compositions in any context, irrespective of your chosen camera or lens type.
- Move beyond compositional clichés like the ‘rules of thirds’ to identify and employ the points of interest, shapes, lines and ratios hidden in plain sight all around us.
- Inspiring and direct teaching sessions with an award-winning photographer using thoughtfully designed, high quality visual aids to teach and discuss each concept.
- Multiple shoot-and-review sessions that directly follow each workshop concept so you can take theory straight into practice and receive immediate feedback and encouragement.
- A bundle of new ideas to continue self-directed learning and practice.
- A pen, notepad and digital camera.
Casual, weather appropriate clothes for outdoors.
Photography enthusiasts of all ages and abilities (under 18 please bring a parent guardian).
Cam Cope Photography requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Cam Cope Photography to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Cam Cope Photography or organised by Cam Cope Photography must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Cam Cope Photography.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Cam Cope Photography unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Cam Cope Photography classes and events or on Cam Cope Photography's premises. (For use of Cam Cope Photography marketing materials).
Cam Cope Photography requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.