The ‘scamp’ was a lost art, now it’s back. Learn this skill to present pure ideas.You’ll learn an old-school skill: How to show a concept as the idea not as a design.
If you're familiar with design or digital projects you'll know about thumbnails and wireframes. A scamp isn't too different. It's perhaps a bit more resovled. But more importantly it solves a number of problems that often come up when presenting high fidelity designs.
This is what you’ll learn:
- What a scamp is and why it’s important.
- How to draw when you can’t.
- How to direct and not design.
- How to follow an advertising brief.
- The basics of Art Direction.
Who’s this Chris guy?
Hi. I’m an art director. The thing about my work is two things, one; I'm a digital nerd and two; I was a fine-art printmaker/intermedia practitioner. That means I love paper and pixels. My showreel of work from last year is embedded below (it was a fun year).
Duration: 2 Hours
- What a scamp is and why it’s important in the creative process.
- How to draw when you can’t, and compose with minimal design.
- How to present low-fi creative and why you should.
- Ability to craft your ideas before they're designed.
- Ability to present ideas without designs.
- Ability to follow an advertising brief.
- Knowledge of the basics of Art Direction.
- Everything provided - Paper-work & drawing materials. And refreshments.
- Just your enthusiasm!
Graphic Designers; Junior Art Directors; Design Students & Creatives looking to expand their skills
Vendor sincce 2017
Hi. I’m an art director. I’ve been calling myself that for 6 years; before that, I was a graphic designer for 5 years among other things.
After studying graphic design I went back to uni to study fine art (printmaking and intermedia) and theory. So even though my work is mostly digital I have a grounding in manual arts and craft.