Setting up a Worm Farm @ Edendale ONLINE
A worm farm is one of the best ways to dispose of food scraps and produce vermi-juice (worm tea) and vermicast (worm castings) for use on the garden.
Learn how to set up a worm farm and the easiest methods to manage and care for these most hard-working of creatures.
This one hour online workshop will cover both the theory and practice of worm farming in a household setting. It will be useful for those wanting to recycle household food waste in order to produce worm products for use in the improvement of soil in gardens and pot plants. There will be time for questions and interaction as you go along and after the presentation.
- This is an adult-focused learning experience and not suited to young children.
- Discounted worm farms will be available by arrangement
- A zoom link will be sent to you prior to the event
What you will learn
- Basic theory of worm farming
- How to set up and maintain a workfarm
- Common problems and solutions
What you will get
What to bring
- Inquiring mind and questions
What to wear
home gardeners, environmentally concerned
Edendale is a small working farm on 7 hectares of land adjacent to the Diamond Creek in Eltham.
We are open 7 days a week 9.30 to 4.30 with the exception of Christmas Day. Entry to the farm is by a Gold Coin Donation into one of our donation boxes around the farm.
Edendale's purpose is to provide an interactive community and education centre to support sustainable living practices for the whole community.
- Local native plant nursery
- Preschool and school education programs
- Community sustainability workshops
- Family activities and events
- Cafe Eden and spaces for picnics
- Close proximity to Eltham North adventure playground reserve
- Volunteer opportunities
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Where applicable, refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 72 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edendale Farm requires at least 72 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edendale Farm has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edendale Farm does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edendale Farm to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edendale Farm or organised by Edendale Farm must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edendale Farm
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edendale Farm unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs, videos or recordings taken at Edendale Farm classes and events or on Edendale Farm premises. (For use of Edendale Farm marketing materials).
Photos and videos recordings will not be taken of children without written permission from parents or guardians.
Edendale Farm requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.