About Edited Away
Hi, I'm Alix – editor, writer, author and all-round boss lady at Edited Away, where I offer online writing classes, editing workshops, mentoring and more.
So, why learn from me? There are stacks of good reasons (and here are three of them...)
- I've been in the publishing industry for 16 years as an editor/deputy editor/fashion & beauty editor/features editor/chief subeditor/freelance writer for some of the country's biggest and best-known titles (think Cosmopolitan, Cleo, Dolly, Hello May, Who, OK!, Woman's Day, New Idea, Famous, Body + Soul, Escape, MindFood, Notebook, Harper's Bazaar, 10Daily... And the rest).
- I've also written countless SEO and lifestyle articles for some major Aussie brands and outlets, and continue to create content and edit for several big-name clients, including Dymocks, NIB, Simon & Schuster, Innoxa, Oz Hair & Beauty, In Essence, Restated Vintage, Sheike, James Lane...
- I've ghostwritten and edited four books (including a couple that have made bestseller lists). Book a class and I might accidentally let slip who I've written for (shhh...)
Basically, I know my stuff when it comes to writing and editing.
Whether you're a writer looking brush up your skills, an aspiring editor who needs to learn the ropes (or brush up on the basics), or just someone who likes to put pen to paper (literal or proverbial) but isn't sure where to start – I'm your gal. Book in now and let's journey together!
Want to see more? Visit editedaway.com
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edited Away requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edited Away has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edited Away does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edited Away to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edited Away, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edited Away or organised by Edited Away must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edited Away
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edited Away unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Edited Away classes and events or on Edited Away premises. (For use of Edited Away marketing materials).
Edited Away requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edited Away, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.