Maybe you've been thinking about penning memoir for years.
Maybe you want to put your family history down in black and white to preserve it for the next gen coming through.
Or maybe you just have a bloody crazy real-life yarn that deserves to be shared!
Whatever your reason, getting your personal story out of your head and onto the page may seem much easier said than done. But in this 90-minute workshop, we untangle the process, create a framework for writing your memoir, and explore some tips, tricks and techniques to help you put your personal story down on paper.
We'll cover all sorts of things, including:
* Finding your voice
* Taking the first steps: structure, style and tone.
* Insider secrets to cheat the writing process (sssh!).
* Tips and tricks for an interesting, entertaining and enjoyable read – because you want people to *want* to read it, right?!
Ready to share YOUR story? Click 'book' and let's get started!
What you will learn
- This workshop is all about getting you started on your memoir-writing journey. You'll learn exactly what a memoir is (and isn't!), why you need a theme (and how to find yours), tips, tricks and insider secrets on streamlining the process,
What you will get
- Participants will receive an exclusive workbook (PDF) filled with tips, tricks, techniques and other helpful bits 'n' pieces.
What to bring
- Bring a pan and notebook to jot it all down!
What to wear
Come comfy – PJs absolutely acceptable!
All skill levels welcome! This class is suitable for beginners to experienced writers.
Hi, I'm Alix – editor, writer, author and all-round boss lady at Edited Away, where I offer online writing classes, editing workshops, mentoring and more.
So, why learn from me? There are stacks of good reasons (and here are three of them...)
- I've been in the publishing industry for 16 years as an editor/deputy editor/fashion & beauty editor/features editor/chief subeditor/freelance writer for some of the country's biggest and best-known titles (think Cosmopolitan, Cleo, Dolly, Hello May, Who, OK!, Woman's Day, New Idea, Famous, Body + Soul, Escape, MindFood, Notebook, Harper's Bazaar, 10Daily... And the rest).
- I've also written countless SEO and lifestyle articles for some major Aussie brands and outlets, and continue to create content and edit for several big-name clients, including Dymocks, NIB, Simon & Schuster, Innoxa, Oz Hair & Beauty, In Essence, Restated Vintage, Sheike, James Lane...
- I've ghostwritten and edited four books (including a couple that have made bestseller lists). Book a class and I might accidentally let slip who I've written for (shhh...)
Basically, I know my stuff when it comes to writing and editing.
Whether you're a writer looking brush up your skills, an aspiring editor who needs to learn the ropes (or brush up on the basics), or just someone who likes to put pen to paper (literal or proverbial) but isn't sure where to start – I'm your gal. Book in now and let's journey together!
Want to see more? Visit editedaway.com
Edited Away has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edited Away or organised by Edited Away must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edited Away
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edited Away unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Edited Away classes and events or on Edited Away premises. (For use of Edited Away marketing materials).
Edited Away requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edited Away, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.