Would you like to have a taste of Spanish? If you are about to travel and either have no time or interest in studying with more depth, then this is for you! It is also good as a refresher if you are at beginner level, or even a taster to see if you might be interested in learning Spanish seriously.
- greetings (¿cómo te llamas? ¿de dónde eres?)
- pronunciation / the alphabet
- asking / answering basic questions (name / nationality / profession / residence)
- asking / saying where are you going (¿adónde vas? ¡voy a Buenos Aires!)
- vocabulary for food and drinks (¡tengo hambre!)
- menus and ordering in a restaurant / bar (¿qué quieres comer?)
- numbers (uno, dos, tres, cuatro … )
- saying what you like / dislike (me gusta / no me gusta … )
- vocabulary for different parts of the city (station / square / street ... ) (la estación / la plaza / la calle )
- asking / saying where something is (¿dónde está? está en la calle ...)
- asking / saying how to go somewhere (¿cómo voy? sigue todo recto, gire a la derecha ...)
- asking / giving instructions for taking the metro (¡voy en metro!)
- vocabulary for transport (de viaje)
- asking / saying how you're travelling (¿cómo viajas? voy en tren / barco / avión ...)
- telling the time (¿qué hora es? son las 5 de la tarde)
- asking / saying what time transport leaves / arrives (¿a qué hora sale? sale a las 3 y media)
- practice with timetables (los horarios)
- asking / saying hours of opening / closing (¿a qué hora abre/cierra? abre/cierra a las 14:00)
- vocabulary for the beach / countryside / holidays (la playa / el campo / las vacaciones )
- vocabulary for filling out forms (nombre / apellido(s) / nacionalidad … )
- talking about your trip (de ida y vuelta)
- vocabulary for the human body and saying what's wrong (el cuerpo humano … )
- class-directed revision of any of the above topics!
- Greetings / presentations (¿cómo te llamas? / me llamo ... )
- Asking / saying your name, nationality, what you do, where you live
- Pronunciation / the alphabet / numbers ... more below
- Study materials are included in the course fee.
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.