At this level your language will start to come together, having covered the present tense to some degree. You'll learn useful combinations of verbs to enable you to talk about what you're going to do in future. It's also here where the first past tense makes an appearance! This is the fourth of the 6 courses which lead to level A1.
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- making / accepting / refusing appointments and datesexpressing obligation (tener que + infinitive)
- describing actions happening now (present continuous: estar + present participle (-ing))
- talking about the months of the yearexpressing intentions / plans for the future (ir a + infinitive)
- proposing plans / suggesting alternatives (¿quieres venir ...? / ¿por qué no ...? ...)
- making telephone callsintroducing the first past tense (present perfect: haber + past participle)
- asking why something occurred / accepting excusesexpressing surprise / disappointment / boredom
Textbooks are needed for this course - Nuevo Ven 1, Libro del Alumno (2 CDs, $59.99) and Workbook in English (1 CD, $28.99). These may be purchased from El Patio at your first class.
- Making / accepting / refusing appointments and dates
- Expressing obligation (tener que + infinitive)
- Describing actions happening now (present continuous: estar + present participle (-ing) ... more below
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for people who have done a bit of Spanish.
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.