A course that is packed with topics—new grammar of past tense verb forms, possession, comparison, talking about non-specifics and frequency. Here you start crunching the indefinido (simple) past tense verb conjugations, and are introduced to the imperfect! This is the fifth of the 6 courses which lead to level A1.
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- talking about events in the past (simple past: pretérito indefinido)
- talking about unspecified persons or things (algo / nada / alguien / nadie / algún / ningún ...)
- using travel vocabulary / asking travel informationasking / giving information about transport / timetables / weathersignalling the location of objects with respect to the speaker (este / ese / aquel ...)
- talking about frequency (siempre / todos los días / muchas veces ...)
- talking about past habitual actions (imperfect tense: trabajaba / tenía / vivía)
- using frequency markers (siempre / todos los días / a menudo / pocas veces ...)
- expressing possession (adjectives: mi / mis / tu / tus / su / sus ...)
- expressing possession (pronouns: el mío / la mía / los míos / las mías ...)
Textbooks are needed for this course - Nuevo Ven 1, Libro del Alumno (2 CDs, $59.99) and Workbook in English (1 CD, $28.99). These may be purchased from El Patio at your first class.
5 classes x 3 hours per session
- Talking about events in the past (simple past: pretérito indefinido)
- Talking about unspecified persons or things (algo / nada / alguien / nadie / algún / ningún ...)
- Using travel vocabulary / asking travel information ... more below
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for people who have done a bit of Spanish.
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.