This 15-hour course is suitable if you have completed 100-160 hours of Spanish study—if you have completed, or are currently in the Lower Intermediate levels, or if you have finished first year Spanish at uni. A prerequisite is an introduction to the perfect, preterite and imperfect past tenses. This course has study topics in common with Conversation Upper Elementary and the difference is that this will operate at a higher oral level. Many students find that even after so many hours of study they are still not able to speak easily. This course will bring out all that Spanish that resides inside and get you talking!
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- opportunity to really practise and consolidate your Spanish
- practising the present / present continuous whilst talking about weather (llover, nevar, hace sol ...) and actions that are unfoldingusing direct / indirect objects together (me lo/la/los/las / te lo/la/los/las / se lo/la/los/las ...) whilst talking about recipes
- revision and speaking practice of reflexive verbs whilst talking about daily routines
- using the present perfect (haber + past participle) in describing what you've done / not done yet
- revision of the simple past (indefinido) in describing the lives of others
- using colloquial expressions
- using the imperfect whilst talking about changes (antes / ahora / antiguamente / hoy en día ...)
- speaking practice using these first three past tenses in combination (which take some time to master)
No textbooks are needed for this course.
- Opportunity to really practise and consolidate your Spanish
- Practising the present / present continuous whilst talking about weather (llover, nevar, hace sol ...) and actions that are unfolding
- Using direct / indirect objects together (me lo/la/los/las / te lo/la/los/las / se lo/la/los/las ...) whilst talking about recipes
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for those with an intermediate level.
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.