Review and practise the topics studied at El Patio's three Upper Elementary levels. This 15-hour course assumes you've had an introduction to the perfect, preterite and imperfect past tenses, or around 90 hours of study. This course is great if you would like to consolidate faster, or also if you have studied some time ago and wish to return to study. This would also work well if you have done one semester of Spanish at uni.
You'll be in a group with other like-minded people who are all wanting to learn and improve—whilst having fun.
What you learn ...
- invitations / suggestions for making datespresent continuous (estar + gerundio)
- direct object pronouns (me / te / lo/s / la/s / nos)
- reflexive pronouns (me / te / se / nos / os)
- months of the year (enero / febrero / marzo …)
- more new verbs for interests and activities (interesarse por ...)
- to have to do something (tengo que + infinitive)
- more irregular verbs (present tense)
- to be going to do something / making plans for the future (ir + a + infinitive)
- making phone calls (las llamadas)
- talking about transport / weather / healthvocabulary for geography (la geografía)
- time markers—now / today / this week / in two months … (ahora / hoy / esta semana / en dos meses ...)
- using the present perfect — have you ever ...? (haber + past participle )
- using the simple past — in 2002 I went to ... (en 2001 fui a ...)
- using the imperfect - When I was young, I used to ... (cuando era joven ...)
No textbooks are needed for this course.
- Invitations / suggestions for making dates
- Present continuous (estar + gerundio)
- Direct object pronouns (me / te / lo/s / la/s / nos)
- Small, fun and social, with a teacher who knows how to teach languages!
- A good base to begin building your Spanish
- Pen, paper and heaps of enthusiasm!
This is for those who have a bit of Spanish.
Vendor since 2015
El Patio specialises in Spanish, with short courses for beginners through to proficient. We pride ourselves on our healthy numbers of continuing students at advanced levels. Classes are small, serious but fun, and are suitable for those wishing to become fluent in Spanish, for travellers, partners of Spanish-speakers, and those who want to train their brain.
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email El Patio Spanish Language School to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at El Patio Spanish Language School or organised by El Patio Spanish Language School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by El Patio Spanish Language School.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give El Patio Spanish Language School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at El Patio Spanish Language School classes and events or on El Patio Spanish Language School's premises. (For use of El Patio Spanish Language School marketing materials).
El Patio Spanish Language School requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.