Spanish Upper Intermediate 1
Prescribed textbook: Aula Internacional 4 – Units 1 and 2
This course will cover units 1 and 2, unit 3 will be added time permitted.
Unidad 1-Buenas noticias Convertirnos en la redacción de un medio de comunicación
- Refer to a news item and comment on it
- Write a news item
- Past tenses revision
- Impersonal constructions with SE +3rd person verb, and 3rd person plural
- Anticipation of the Direct Object Pronoun
- Declarative verbs
- MediaPolitics and history
- News outlets in the Spanish speaking world
- Present a news item through a media outlet (radio, online video or print).
Unidad 2-¿Y tú qué opinas? Celebrar una asamblea popular
- Give opinionValue opinions
- Propose conditions of agreement
- Express agreement or disagreement
- Refer to someone else’s topics or interventions
- Contrast Indicativo/Subjuntivo: Creo que/ No creo que
- Give opinion: Es increíble/una tontería +inf/ que +Subjuntivo
- Conditions: Solo si/ siempre que
- Discourse organisers: en primer/segundo…lugar, por último
- Vocabulary related to free time activities
- Vocabulary to refer to tourism and describe towns and cities
- Tourism in the Spanish speaking world
- Hold a local council meeting to agree on the future directions of your town.
Term 3 2017 Mondays, 7.30-9pm from July 17 to Sept 18 (10 classes)
- Talk about the news
- Give and exchange opinions
- Talk about hypothetical situations
Vendor sincce 2014
At Farolito Spanish Language School we pride ourselves of being fully dedicated to the teaching and promotion of Spanish language and Hispanic-Latin American cultures.
All our teachers are experienced and qualified to deliver quality teaching to adults and/or children.
All our teachers are native speakers of Spanish: you will hear the language as spoken in their countries of origin.
Farolito’s classes are small (Avarage 5 students), with plenty of opportunity for conversation and clarifying doubts.
Your teacher gets to know you better and you progress more effectively in your learning.
We believe that communication is the key to learning and demonstrate it in our classes, whilst addressing all language competencies (speaking, listening, reading and writing) for complete language literacy.
We use proven methods and textbooks successful worldwide; our levels are in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which ensures that outcomes are consistent.
Farolito offers levels from Beginners to Advance Conversation: we are supportive throughout your learning experience from first steps to fluency.
We provide an exclusive learning zone for Farolito Spanish Language School students with support material to advance your learning.
Our Farolito community is alive by our regular activities, events and forum for student’s exchange. We provide a fun and friendly environment, you will learn with gusto!
Farolito Spanish Language School refund policy
- Enrolments for group classes or private lessons are non-refundable, please choose carefully before enroling.
- Credit options are available in case of extreme circumstances (E.g. sickness) in the first week of a course to be used in other course within a specific time (subject to availability).
Farolito Spanish Language School terms and conditions of enrolment:
1. Refunds: Enrolments are non-refundable or redeemable for private lessons, please choose carefully before enroling.
2. Payment dates: Full payment of a course is required to process a booking. Full payment should be made before the term starting date.
3. Class cancellations: A minimum of 3 students is required to open a course. Payments are fully refunded in the event of cancellation of classes on behalf of Farolito Spanish.
4. Levels: We will ensure to recommend you the right level. However, we understand that sometimes it is difficult to find your feet on the right level. Changes are possible within the first week of the course you have enrolled in. Please contact us to discuss your options. Changes will be subjected to availability, as places are limited.
5. Payment: Full payment of a course is required to process a booking. Full payment should be made before the term starting date.
6. Missed classes: With our Farolito ‘student’s only’ Wiki website you will have access to class materials, and you can use the forum or e-mail to ask questions and contact your teacher. If you missed a class you are also welcome to attend another one on that same week (at the same or lower level) to maintain the contact with the language (subject to students’ numbers, please contact us before attending a make up class). Missed classes are not refounded.
7. Students number: A minimum of 3 students is required to open a course. In the case of a group class having less than 3 students Farolito reserves the right to shorten the class time to by 30min.
8. Private lessons: Please give note 48hs in advance to reschedule your class. Classes which are cancelled within 48hs to the scheduled time will be charged in full. Farolito Spanish will ensure to inform you in advace of any changes to your scheduled booking (Eg. Your teacher is sick and there is no replacement available). Block bookings are non-refundable, please choose carefully before enroling.