Screen Acting Classes for Young Actors
Throughout the 4-Week Program, you will learn how to:
- Breakdown Film & Television Scenes. (Each week you will be assigned a scene and scene partner to work with).
- Find an agent. What do they do and how do they seek work opportunities for you?
- Market yourself as an actor.
- Effectively screen test in person and online. What does an audition scene look like?
- Read a call/production sheet. What are the functions of a busy film and television set?
- Become familiar with crew language and what their jobs are on set.
- Block your scene. (Moving around on-set, in character while filming your scene).
- Learn how to work with your director in a cohesive manner.
What you will learn
- Acting for stage and acting for camera are two completely separate disciplines. This hands-on practical program at Film & Television Studio International offers young actors the freedom to openly engage with their creative selves, to create interesting and believable characters for the screen. Our primary focus is to encourage students to keep their performance levels truthful, from the rehearsal process through to the final take. Scenes workshopped are all sourced from current Australian film and television dramas, and all recorded work is played back each week for discussion.
What you will get
- We are offering a 40% discount to new students, and an exclusive opportunity to experience our culture at Film & TV Studio International in a 4-Week Program.
What to bring
- Prior to the commencement of the class, you will receive a script book via email. Please print this script book and bring it with you on the first day.
What to wear
This program is open to Emerging Young Actors in the following categories: 9-12 years & 13-15 years. Beginners, intermediate and advanced.
Film and Television Studio International is Melbourne’s premier training facility for Screen Actors. Through our modern approach to screen performance, we continue to develop confident well-rounded artists capable of delivering stellar performances. We offer conservatory style full-time and part-time programs that train actors in all aspects needed for their success in the field. From training and audition techniques to the business of acting, we personally guide and mentor each student throughout their individual journey.
We specialise in industry masterclasses, evening workshops and after school programs for young actors interested in developing skills for screen acting. Our unparalleled group of actor trainers and special industry guests are working at the very forefront of their prospective fields, giving students access to the most current seasoned professionals, both behind and in front of the camera.
From series regulars in local dramas, to international serial dramas, USA primetime dramas and major motion pictures all over the world, our students have had the very best of opportunities across the Globe. We facilitate programs for beginners; actors with previous training and/or film and television credits; and acting graduates wanting to further their training in screen acting, following their drama degree.
Working at the very heartbeat of the entertainment industry both in Australia and overseas, founders of Film & Television Studio International, Artist Managers Craig & Dominique McMahon, continue to connect our artists with cutting edge trainers and techniques from around the world. Established 1999.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Film & Television Studio International or organised by Film & Television Studio International must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Film & Television Studio International
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Film & Television Studio International unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Film & Television Studio International classes and events or on Film & Television Studio International premises. (For use of Film & Television Studio International marketing materials).