(+4 more dates)
This 4 hour course will teach you how to make delicious cafe quality coffees.
Our highly qualified trainers have decades of experience in coffee education and cafe operations, and this course contains practical information combined with hands on activities.
You will learn:
- How to identify and use the key parts on grinders and espresso machines.
- Fundamental techniques for espresso preparation (dosing, distribution, and tamping).
- How to adjust a grinder.
- How to prepare silky smooth milk.
- How to prepare typical espresso beverages (e.g. Cappuccino, Machiato, Flat White, Caffe Latte etc.)
- Workspace management.
- Hygienic work practices.
- Daily grinder and espresso machine cleaning.
What you will learn
- How to make delicious espressos by following an espresso recipe, including dose consistency and grind setting adjustment
- How to prepare silky smooth milk for cappuccinos, lattes, flat whites, mochas, and macchiatos
- How to manage a workstation, including opening and closing procedures
What you will get
- Training from the most qualified trainers in Australia
- The skills you need to work in a cafe
- Digital certificate of completion
What to bring
- Please bring a pen or pencil
What to wear
Casual clothes, and closed shoes.
This course is suited to people with little or no experience.
Genovese Coffee has been in coffee for 3 generations, and we have over 60 years of experience.
We offer a range of courses to suit new or experienced baristas, as well as those who want to improve their home espresso. All of our courses have practical, detailed theory, as well as activities so you can apply your skills during the course.
Our courses are led by award winning, highly experienced, and internationally certified professionals who make it easy for you to understand coffee in our certified SCA Premier Training Campus, with state of the art espresso, brewing, and roasting equipment, located close to Melbourne’s CBD.
For those wanting to take their coffee career to the next level, we also offer the world’s only internationally recognised coffee education program – The Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Skills Program, including Roasting; Sensory Skills; Green Coffee; Barista Skills; and Brewing.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 14 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
We appreciate your choice of Genovese Coffee for your coffee education, and our course pricing reflects the following:
- The quality of the training provided.
- Pre-class preparation.
- The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used.
- Small class sizes.
- The ongoing development of our trainers.
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, we begin the process of preparing your class. Although we understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking, our refund and rescheduling policy reflects the costs incurred in the preparation of the scheduled class.