Fashion Drawing is a five week course where students will learn or build upon current skills to develop a visual narrative of drawings, sketches and artworks with a fashion focus. This course will encourage students to develop a signature style through their fashion drawings and obtain the skills to incorporate the information required to be translated into a finished garment. The structure of the course is fluid, and can be tailored for the specific purpose of developing a folio for high school or tertiary courses or for artists to explore their practice from a fashion perspective.
About the instructor:
Anneliese Bridgeman is a practicing Melbourne-based Fashion Designer with 11 years experience working with a number of international labels. Specialising in high-end women's wear and bridal fashion, hand-drawing has always been an integral part of her practice.
This workshop will be held at Gloworm Studios. To learn more about our studio and the classes that we offer please visit www.glowormstudios.com
What you will learn
- Fundamentals of fashion drawing in stylistic and technical methods in both 2D & 3D
- An introduction in developing a signature fashion figure and creation of their own template
- An introduction into incorporating technical garment ideas and fabric finishes into drawings
What you will get
- A foundation for a fashion drawing folio which can be tailored for high school, tertiary and employment opportunities
- Experience in fashion drawing techniques as used in the fashion industry
- An opportunity for artists to incorporate fashion drawing techniques into their practice
What to bring
- No, just yourselves!
What to wear
Adults and teens aged 16 and up.
Gloworm Studios is a unique art school located in the heart of Fairfield. Led by professional illustrator Marianna Marx, our programs specialise in painting, drawing and illustration. Gloworm Studios is a warm and nurturing environment where artists both young and young at heart are invited to immerse themselves in their creativity and imagination.
Marianna Marx has taught art alongside her illustration career for the past 10 years. Her experiences include working in the education department at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, an artist residency at Caulfield Grammar School, one on one art tutoring for children and adults, after school art classes, corporate workshops and working alongside artists with intellectual disabilities. Marianna has taken insight from each of these experiences to create an art school of her own where she can share her love for creative expression with others in her local community.
Gloworm Studios has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews