💚ADULTS | Sit & Sew Sundays
(+3 more dates)
- Skill Level 3 plus - Confident Beginner and above: Attendees must be able to work independently on their own project. No formal instruction is provided during the event.
Sit & Sew Sundays are ideal if you want some dedicated sewing time in the studio.
These events take place each month on a designated Sunday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Arrive at the studio, set up your sewing machine and get straight to sewing your latest project.
Use the large cutting table to cut out your newest project.
Get a fine finish by pressing with specialty tools.
Overlockers are available to finish seam allowances quickly.
There’s also the usual sewing tools on hand – such as scissors, seam rippers, pins etc – or bring your own if you prefer.
You will work on your own project so you’ll need to bring your own supplies – such as pattern, fabric, notions etc.
- Sit & Sew Sundays are not suitable for new beginners.
- Attendees are expected to work independently on their own projects.
- No formal instruction is provided during the event.
What you will learn
- This is a freestyle event, work on your own project at your own pace.
- There's no instruction provided in this workshop.
What you will get
- 4 hours of sewing in the air-conditioned sewing studio
- Use of studio sewing tools and equipment during the session
- Light refreshments – coffee, tea or hot chocolate
The studio is located at a private suburban residence, East of Norris Road.
Street address is included in the confirmation email once attendees have booked.
On-street parking is available
What to bring
- The materials and notions required for your project
- Packed lunch & water bottle
What to wear
Enclosed shoes must be worn while in the studio at all times
ADULTS | Suitable for confident sewists who can sew without assistance.
Make It Nifty holds sewing and dressmaking classes in Bracken Ridge 30 minutes North of Brisbane CBD.
At Make It Nifty students are taught sewing techniques and knowledge while having a good time.
Students are encouraged to “give it a go”; progress is better than perfection. Students should leave class feeling happy that they have tried something new; proud that they made something with their own two hands and skill, and confident they could do it again.
Make It Nifty is a (very) small private business that was started in 2015 on Vanessa’s dining table.
Make It Nifty is now located in a studio space on the ground floor of Vanessa’s home in Bracken Ridge.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 15 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$35.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 8 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Make It Nifty or organised by Make It Nifty must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Make It Nifty
By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians agree to release and hold harmless Make It Nifty, its representatives and employees, for any accident that may occur to a Students/Attendees while attending any activities held by Make It Nifty.
- Activities at Make It nifty include risks that may lead to injury.
- Sewing includes the use of machines, needles, scissors, irons and other tools and substances that may cause property damage, injury, death or other harm.
- Students/Attendees must behave in a safe and sensible manner.
- If Students/Attendees behave in a way that endagers themselves or others they will be removed from the class/event.
- If Students/Attendees are removed due to their behaviour their class/event fee is forfeited.
- If Young Students/Attendees are removed from a class/event their Parent/Guardian will be contacted to collect them immediately.
1.1.) MEDICAL EVENT
By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians give permission for first aid and/or medical treatment to be given to the Students/Attendees they have registered if the need arises, and to the pay costs that are associated with said first aid and/or medical treatment.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Make It Nifty unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Make It Nifty classes and events or on Make It Nifty premises. (For use of Make It Nifty marketing materials).
- Make It Nifty may take photos and/or videos of Students/Attendees and their projects during a class/event.
- These photos, video and sound may be used online and in printed or digital marketing and/or social media platforms.
- By registering for a class/event, Students/Attendees and Parents/Guardians are agreeing to the picture and/or sound of Students/Attendees being used by Make It Nifty without granting additional permissions and without compensation.
3.) ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Classes/events begin at the scheduled start time.
- Students/Attendees are expected to arrive between 10 and 5 minutes before the start time so they are ready for the scheduled start time.
- To avoid disruptions to the class/event, Students/Attendees are no longer permitted to join the class/event 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- If Students/Attendees arrive more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time or don’t attend at all, they forfeit their class/event fee.
- Students/Attendees are not given refunds or credit if they miss part of a class/event or an entire class/event in a series of class/events.
- Make It Nifty endeavours for classes/events to finish at the scheduled end time.
- However, class/event times are just an indication only, you may finish before or after the finishing time.
- Parents/Guardians are required to pick up their child/ward promptly at the end of a class/event as there is no after-hours care for Youth Students/Attendees.
- If Youth Students have not been collected within 10 minutes of class/event scheduled end time Parents/Guardians will be billed for the time elapsed since the scheduled end time for the class/event, at the rate of $2.50 per minute.
4.) POSTPONING/RESCHEDULING NOT APPLICABLE
- Rescheduling/postponing are not included as part of each booking/ticket.
- When an attendee will not or does not attend an event they've booked, it's a cancellation of their booking.
- Refer to the Cancellation/Refund Policy for details regarding cancellation notice periods, compensation options & processing fees.