Night Photography Workshop (Melbourne)
This Night Photography workshop will teach you how to take spectacular night photos.
Beginning at sunset, as the city lights come alive, you will learn creative tips and tricks to help you generate high quality images in this 2 hour, fun, eye-opening experience.
This workshop will introduce you to some very simple, yet great techniques for shooting after dark.
In groups of 6 or less you will start your lesson with an introduction of how to set up your camera and tripod to achieve picture perfect results.
Control your camera manually, as you learn how to expose for mood, capture light blur trails, compose inventive night portraits and take a variety of photos in low light situations.
Note: Only cameras with full manual settings are suitable for this course.
This tour will explore Melbourne's CBD. The exact location is sent out after a weather check the day before the course.
What you will learn
- Learn to take photos of the city lights in this class taught by a talented professional.
- Learn to control your camera manually.
- Learn how to expose for mood, capture light blur trails, compose inventive night portraits and take a variety of photos in low light situations.
What you will get
- Have fun learning how to take great photos
- Night Photography course notes
What to bring
- Camera with manual settings
- Zoom lens with a wide to mid range. An 18-55 mm lens or something similar is perfect
- Flash if you camera does not have a pop up one
- Fully charged battery
- Empty memory card
- Tripod ( This can be hired from us if you don't have one, it's $20 )
What to wear
Beginner to Intermediate
Penny Koukoulas Photography is a Brisbane based company who specialises in running photography walking tours. We have a great passion for photography and have worked in the industry for over 30 years.
All the photography tours, workshops and courses are designed for you to discover some great locations while learning how to take great photographs.
We run tours in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast.
The philosophy is to teach in simple and easy to understand terms. The tours run in a small group environment so everyone gets attention and has fun learning all about photography !
Like us on Facebook : www.facebook.com/PennyKPhotography
Follow us on Instagram : www.instagram.com/pennykoukoulasphotography
Tweet us : www.twitter.com/PennyKPhoto
Once this experience has been confirmed changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and arranged directly with them according to this policy :
- Over 1 week prior to the experience date: No charge
- 48 hours up to 1 week prior to the experience date: Rescheduling available $45 charge
- Within 48 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book. Participants are advised to make their own insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances
Terms & Conditions
Numbers on the Day
These workshops are limited to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 students, dependent on the maximum for each class. In the unlikely event of not reaching minimum numbers, the course will be postponed to the next available date.
This does not apply to the private and online lessons which are one on one.
Locations may vary according to weather conditions. The location will be sent to you the night before the workshop following a check of the weather forecast.
Please note that this does not apply to online lessons or indoor workshops.
Zoom is a third party communications solution and is in no way the responsibility of Penny Koukoulas Photography