The Night Photography Workshop runs in Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Brisbane and will teach you how to take spectacular night photos.
Beginning at sunset, as the city lights come alive, you will learn creative tips and tricks to help you generate high quality images in this 2 hour, fun, eye-opening experience.
This workshop will introduce you to some very simple, yet great techniques for shooting after dark.
In groups of 6 or less you will start your lesson with an introduction of how to set up your camera and tripod to achieve picture perfect results.
Control your camera manually, as you learn how to expose for mood, capture light blur trails, compose inventive night portraits and take a variety of photos in low light situations.
Note: Only cameras with full manual settings are suitable for this course.
This tour will explore Melbourne's CBD. The exact location is sent out after a weather check the day before the course.
- Learn to take photos of the city lights in this class taught by a talented professional.
- Learn to control your camera manually.
- Learn how to expose for mood, capture light blur trails, compose inventive night portraits and take a variety of photos in low light situations.
- Have fun learning how to take great photos
- Night Photography course notes
- Camera with manual settings
- Zoom lens with a wide to mid range. An 18-55 mm lens or something similar is perfect
- Flash if you camera does not have a pop up one
- Fully charged battery
- Empty memory card
- Tripod ( This can be hired from us if you don't have one, it's $20 )
Vendor since 2014
Penny Koukoulas is an Australian-based photographer, working out of inner city Melbourne.
Penny has extensive experience as a professional photographer. Her work has taken her interstate and overseas, she divides her time between shooting food mostly and running photography courses.
Penny's courses run in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide. She offers classes for beginners , night photography, digital SLR photography and travel photography as well as offering private photography tuition.
View Penny's portfolio: http://pennykoukoulas.com/folio.html
Like her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PennyKPhotography
Follow her on Instagram: pennykoukoulasphotography
Once this experience has been confirmed changes are at the discretion of the experience provider and arranged directly with them according to this policy:Rescheduling:
- Over 1 week prior to the experience date: No charge
- 48 hours up to 1 week prior to the experience date: Rescheduling available $45 charge
- Within 48 hours of the experience date, No Shows and Late Arrivals: Participants forfeit their experience and therefore are not entitled to a refund or to re-book. Participants are advised to make their own insurance provisions in case of unforeseen circumstances
Numbers on the Day
This workshop is limited to a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 students. In the unlikely event of not reaching minimum numbers, the course will be postponed to the next available date.
Locations may vary according to weather conditions. The location will be sent to you the night before the workshop following checking the weather forecast.