Melbourne's Manual Photography Course is designed for those of you who want to learn all about the manual settings on your camera. It is a practical session where you will be taken for a wander around some great locations in Melbourne's city centre. Each location is carefully selected to illustrate what we are learning on a suitable subject matter. Classes are kept to 8 maximum so you can receive lots of one on one help in a group environment.
What you will learn
- Knowing and loving your camera with a new set of skills in manual photography
- Learn about light and how your camera sees light
- A good understanding of Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and White Balance
What you will get
- A good understanding of Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, White Balance and a good understanding of good lighting vs. bad lighting
- Professional tuition from an award winning professional photographer with over 20 years experience in the industry
- A less technical approach to teaching by a female photographer who knows her stuff but will talk to you in easy to understand terms.
What to bring
- Camera with full manual settings, fully charged battery and empty memory card. If your camera does not have a pop up flash please bring an external flash
What to wear
Comfortable clothing; in winter warm coat, warm hat, scarf, fingerless gloves and thermals are recommended. In summer sun hat and sunscreen. Comfortable walking shoes.
Anyone who has a camera with manual mode and wants to improve their photography
Tricolour Lab is a Brisbane-based company that specialises in running photography walking tours. We have a great passion for photography and have worked in the industry for over 30 years.
All the photography tours, workshops and courses are designed for you to discover some great locations while learning how to take great photographs.
We run tours in Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and the Gold Coast.
The philosophy is to teach in simple and easy-to-understand terms. The tours run in a small group environment so everyone gets attention and has fun learning all about photography!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PennyKPhotography
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/pennykoukoulasphotography
Tweet us: www.twitter.com/TricolourLab
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Numbers on the Day
These workshops are limited to a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 students, dependent on the maximum for each class. In the unlikely event of not reaching minimum numbers, the course will be postponed to the next available date.
This does not apply to the private and online lessons which are one on one.
Locations may vary according to weather conditions. The location will be sent to you the night before the workshop following a check of the weather forecast.
Please note that this does not apply to online lessons or indoor workshops.
Zoom is a third party communications solution and is in no way the responsibility of Penny Koukoulas Photography