What: Photography and Styling Workshop
When: Thursday November 16th, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/177 Beavers Rd. Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
We will guide you through all the elements of photography and styling for photo shoots.
Bring along a camera or your mobile phone. This is an introduction to the basics of photography and includes in depth information about how photography and styling both play an important part in your business.
We will run through effective techniques on how to style and frame your shot to best capture your audience's attention.
This workshop is designed for anyone getting into styling or photography as well as anyone wanting to gain further knowledge in these areas to help promote your business using social media.
You will learn:
How to style, create and photograph a flat lay shot.
What makes an interesting shot using props and hand made elements.
The do’s and don'ts in editorial styling and how to use photography the right way to promote your product or business.
How to work with natural light and how to manipulate it to create a mood.
How to best find the best professional photographer for your business for times when you need professional shoots
Preparing, planning and organisation for a photo shoot.
How to best use props to create a styled shot.
Prue Aja is a professional photographer with a background in fashion styling. Her passion is working with people and inspiring businesses.
“Every day, I’m blown away by my client’s unique stories and I love working with them to build a sense of identity, integrity and strength in each project. With every frame I look for an authentic story. It’s always there.”
Prue has years of experience in the field and will be guiding students through the art of photography specifically for business and product promotion.
Laura Issell is the founder and director at Put Your Heart Into It. She is a designer, artist, teacher, event manager and passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over three years ago, Laura has come to specialise in sustainable event design creating beautiful spaces for special events without trashing the planet. Laura will be teaching students how to write a style guide for their business and how to best style products to make their brand stand out.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Directions: Put Your Heart Into it Studios lives inside of Big Bang Studios nestled on the banks of the Merri Creek: 1 / 177 Beavers Road Northcote.
Please drive to the very end of Beavers Road and you will come to a dead end near the Merri Creek. Come past the glass doors on the left, large black garage roller door, then past the red door. Then enter left via the bark mulched garden onto the deck and we are the second door along.
- Tips to help you use photography and styling to improve your business. Learn how to balance the elements of shape, colour and texture to create the perfect shot.
- The do’s and don'ts in editorial styling and how to best use photography to promote your product or business.
- Tips and tricks on how to utilise available natural light. Learn what makes an interesting shot using props and hand made elements.
- An understanding of how to style and create a flat lay shot using your product or our props
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- A DSLR or similar available
- Alternatively a smart phone can be used
- Props and or your products to shoot. Alternatively something that represents your business or style.
What ever you fancy…
Vendor sincce 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne and Country Victoria. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative eventor workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines andcreative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-concious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Located at Big Bang Studios. 1/177 Beavers Road Northcote 3070
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.