- 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Duration: 7 Hours
What You Will Learn
- How to work safely with horses
- Common health issues, basic nutrition and breed identification
- Introduction to behaviour and equipment used when working with horses
What You Get
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Detailed course manual to take home
- RSPCA take home bag
- Complimentary morning and afternoon tea
- A hands-on, practical class – meet and work with our Education horses as well as horse experts and qualified presenters
- Certificate of Competency
This course is a great introduction to working with or owning horses, as well as providing more in-depth understanding and hands-on skills to work with a variety of breeds. Learn to identify different horse breeds, understand common health issues and basic nutrition and how to work with horses safely.
Our programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or already working within this field, as well as helping people to increase skills with their own animals.
- Please arrive at the Burwood East Education Centre 10 minutes before your class to register and so that we can start on time. Parking is available on site.
- Meet and work with our experienced Education staff and their animals, along with industry experts, throughout the session for practical, hands-on skill development.
- Work through a detailed course book (yours to keep) with theoretical, scientific and clinical information based on our years of experience in animal welfare and caring for horses.
- BYO lunch or take advantage of our fantastic on-site café and $10 student lunch special.
- We will be spending some time outside and touring around, so please wear weather appropriate clothing including long trousers and riding boots or similar (no thongs/sandals).
- Please be aware, no riding of horses will occur on this day.