Beginner Wheel Course - 6 weeks
(+2 more dates)
The Beginner Wheel Pottery Course is an ideal opportunity for students to learn the basics on the wheel including learning to centre clay to create basic forms such as cylinders and small bowls. This is a perfect class for students who are beginners and for students who are seeking more wheel practice and skill development.
The course runs for 6 sessions - either on Wednesday morning, 10am - 12.30pm or Thursday evening, 6pm-8.30pm.
*Please note all students attending class are required to show proof vaccination before entering the studio.
- Clay, tools, firing and glazing.
Duration: 2.5 hours / class x 6
Experience: No experience required
Bring: An apron and towel
Wear: Clothes that can get dirty – this class is hands on. Closed shoes are essential
Collection of work: Students will be emailed when their work is ready for collection (all work must be collected within 2 weeks)
Cost: $479 (prior to booking please read the terms and conditions for term classes)
Tutor: Cassie Lynch, Thursday Nights. Fiona Lewis Wednesday Mornings.
What you will learn
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- Experiment with carving, tissue transfers. As well as glazing – the studio has various stoneware glazes to experiment with.
What you will get
- A set of your creations made throughout the course. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
What to bring
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
What to wear
Clothes that can get dirty – this class is hands on. Closed shoes are essential.
Beginners. No experience necessary.
Sarah Schembri is a Melbourne Ceramic Artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 14 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 14 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Got a question? Please email email@example.com