Sollywood is a creative partnership between husband and wife team, Clint and Meg Solly. We are hand makers of bespoke timber furniture, homewares and art. We work with locally sourced reclaimed and salvaged timbers, glass and metals.
We love sharing our knowledge and skills with other people, and have taught hundreds of people of all ages the basics of hand and power tools use, creating projects they can be proud of.
We teach in a safe, encouraging and social environment. We focus on helping students to develop creative problem solving skills. You shouldn't expect to go home an expert, but you will gain an insight into what's possible with practice!!
We are proud members of the Maker Movement. In a world of rampant consumption and keeping up with the latest trends, the simple art of making something with your own hands can bring you immeasurable pleasure. And if it’s made well, it might just last you a lifetime.
View All Photos
Health and Safety
Sollywood takes the safety and wellbeing of our students very seriously. We carry public liability insurance and carry out risk assessments prior to every workshop. You understand the inherently risky nature of activities that you will undertake at Sollywood and agree to:
- follow all reasonable instructions given by Sollywood personnel/sub-contractors
- work within your limits and advise Sollywood personnel if you are not comfortable performing a task
- advise Sollywood of any illness/injury which may inhibit your ability to undertake the workshop so that we can work together to find a safe alternative to complete the tasks
We love to take lots of photographs and share them on our social media channels and we love it when our students share too!!
By participating in a Sollywood workshop, you understand that your image may be used in Sollywood social media, third parties and media and promotional material. However, we also respect your right to privacy, so if you are uncomfortable having your picture taken and shared online, please let the instructor know on the day of your workshop.
Should you have any questions about any of these terms and conditions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Cancelling your spot in a class
- We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for.
- Bookings are FINAL. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking. Cancellations will result in forfeit of payment.
- If you cannot attend on the day you booked for, you may offer your spot to a friend, and we will transfer the booking into their name . You must arrange any transfer of money between yourself and your friend.
- Non-attendance under ANY circumstances forfeits the fee paid and is non-transferable.
If we cancel a class
- All classes require a minimum number of bookings to proceed. Classes that do not have the required minimum will be cancelled.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the class and will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to the next available class, a credit to be used towards another class or a full refund.
- If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or other extreme circumstances we will postpone the class to a later date and inform you as early as possible.
- We can not be held liable for any travel or other costs in the event of a cancellation.
- We do our best to ensure classes go ahead.