3D Modelling for Jewellery and Objects
3D Modelling for Jewellery and Objects - an introduction to the world of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) with Fusion 360
This beginners 3D Modelling course is an introduction to designing jewellery and objects in a digital environment using Autodesk’s Fusion 360 software.
Learn how to 3D model your designs from scratch and export them for 3D printing and casting. Over this seven-week course, you will learn the principles and workflow of 3D modelling using Fusion 360 and have the opportunity to work on your own 3D modelling project with guidance and support.
This course is perfectly suited to teachers who want to improve their skills. This course aims to give teachers the confidence to introduce Fusion 360 to their students. Participants can purchase as an add on, valuable teaching resources to use and adapt to their own classroom setting.
This course will be taught online so you can learn from the comfort of your own home.
Your Zoom invite and class instructions will be sent ahead of class.
What you will learn
- D Modelling Principles - Demystifying CAD. How to draw and create forms on a screen
- 3D Modelling Tools and Workflow - Sketching, extruding, solid modelling and sculpting in Fusion 360 software
- Using 3D modelling for an independent project
What you will get
- A classic ring as your first 3D modelled design
- An additional 3d Modelled design in consultation with your tutor
- Two of your designs 3D printed in ABS plastic
- A FREE 1 year subscription to Fusion 360 when you sign up to Autodesk’s Fusion 360 for personal use
What to bring
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- A reliable internet connection as classes are online
- A computer capable of running Autodesk Fusion 360 software. System requirements can be found here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Fusion-360.html
- Download Fusion 360 from the Autodesk website prior to the first class. You can register for a personal account which will give you 1 year FREE subscription. You will need to create an Autodesk account to download the software which you can do here: https://www.autodesk.com.au/products/fusion-360/personal
What to wear
As this class is taught online from the comfort of your own home - dress code is entirely up to you!
No previous experience in design or jewellery making is required.
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 30 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 21 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy 1/8/22
SquarePeg Studios has provided jewellery tuition at the highest level since 2011. We bring professional jewellers and practising artists from near and far to provide our students with an excellent and diverse education in an inspiring and well-equipped learning environment.
The following terms and conditions must be adhered to,
- For peace of mind enrolling, SquarePeg Studios recommend purchasing the optional refund protection offered by We Teach Me, our third-party booking platform, at checkout. (See We Teach Me terms and conditions)
- On enrolment, the course fees must be paid in full or via our available payment plan options to secure the place.
- Cancellations 30 days or more before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will accept cancellations in writing up to one month before the start date of the class. The refund will be the fee paid less a $30 booking fee and administration fee.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the total fees paid if preferred. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Cancellations up to 21 days before class starts.
- SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid less the $30 administration fee. The credit note can be used for any course or workshop and is valid for twelve months from the issue date.
- Transfers between 21 and 5 days before the class starts will only be processed if the student's place in the course can be filled.
- SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student to an alternate date within 12 months of the original booking and issue a $30 administration fee.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits will be issued for non-attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Jewellery Studio Bench access is available to students 18 years and older or by special arrangement for younger students.
- Some of our courses require prior learning and have minimum age requirements. Therefore, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as of 27th July 2022. Subject to change as per Government directives.
- Suppose a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives. In that case, SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next scheduled course or workshop date and promptly notify the student of the change.
- If the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date. The credit note will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue. SquarePeg Studios, at its discretion, may issue a refund less the $30 booking and administration fee.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors.
More From SquarePeg Studios
Carve a Silver Ring: Wax Carving and CastingCarve a Silver Ring: Wax Carving and Casting
from AU$410.00Marrickville, NSWSun, 18 Jun 10:00AM (AEST) (+2 more)
Other classes you might like
Learn to Paint Retro Inspired PortraitsLearn to Paint Retro Inspired Portraits
AU$83.00Live via ZoomWed, 26 Jul 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Make Flower Figure PostcardsMake Flower Figure Postcards
AU$86.00Live via ZoomSun, 25 Jun 3:00PM (AEST) (+1 more)Accepts private bookings
An Intro to MehndiAn Intro to Mehndi
AU$79.00Live via ZoomTue, 25 Jul 7:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Francesca's Flower ClubFrancesca's Flower Club
AU$135.00Facebook LiveFri, 07 Jul 1:30PM (AEST) (+5 more)
Make Feather Figure CanvasesMake Feather Figure Canvases
AU$88.00Live via ZoomTue, 18 Jul 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Graffiti Drawing Course for KidsGraffiti Drawing Course for Kids
AU$175.00Live via ZoomSun, 09 Jul 3:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Harry Potter Wand Making for all!Harry Potter Wand Making for all!
AU$80.00Live via ZoomSun, 02 Jul 2:00PM (AEST)
Learn How to Bake Alfajores BiscuitsLearn How to Bake Alfajores Biscuits
from AU$99.00Live via ZoomFri, 16 Jun 6:30PM (AEST) (+6 more)Accepts private bookings
Intro to Vintage Fashion IllustrationsIntro to Vintage Fashion Illustrations
AU$78.00Live via ZoomWed, 12 Jul 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Make Watercolour Bird PostcardsMake Watercolour Bird Postcards
AU$80.00Live via ZoomWed, 09 Aug 6:45PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Hi Alicia, Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the class and found it helpful, especially as a newcomer to 3D modelling. Our instructor is dedicated to providing a patient and knowledgeable learning experience. We look forward to seeing your printed designs in the future! Warmest from us at SquarePeg
Hi Emma, Thank you for your amazing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved the class and had a great experience with Bronwen as your teacher. Her knowledge and patience are valuable assets in creating a positive learning environment. We're delighted that you found the class to be a great opportunity to gain experience in CAD and 3D modeling, and that you had fun while doing so. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you in more of our classes in the future! Warmest, Emily, Kim and Bronwen