Fast track your learning experience…
At the Aperture Club, we appreciate we are all individuals and often have very different goals of our photographic journey. With this in mind, we do operate our Photography Workshops on a private basis, or we can develop a workshop to suit your particular needs. If you are pushed for time, or just want a very personalised and focused learning experience, we can work with you to agree on a date, time and location that works for you. You may be looking to understand the principles of light and composition, develop your technical skills around flash or night photography, or embrace your creative side. Whatever the desire The Aperture Club team can help you get there.
Time: Our Professional Tutors are available weekdays, evenings and weekends; all year round. The booking form will give you the option to request a date and duration. We will then be in touch to confirm availability of a professional photographer / tutor and to finalise the details.
Locations: We tend to use the same locations used in our ‘core‘ workshops, as these destinations have been well researched and will provide diverse subject matter to inspire you. However, we can tailor this too of course! Just let us know what your ultimate learning experience looks like and we will work with you to create it?
Specialist subjects can include:
- Still Life
- Street Photography
- Night Photography
- Painting with Light
- Studio lighting
Whatever the subject matter, you will come away with new skills and be a much better photographer…
Kits are available for hire if you want to experience the full functionality and excitement of using a professional photographers camera. Kits include a camera body, a series of lenses and a flash. The cost is $75 for the duration of the workshop per day. Kits are limited, so if interested, please book this when you book and confirm your workshop. We also have some tripods and monopods available if you don’t have one, please enquire when booking.
If it looks like there will be unbearable weather on the day, we will contact you early that morning to advise that the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, you should assume the workshop will operate as scheduled. In the event of a cancellation, we will re-schedule on a date that suits your plans.
Duration: Private tuition workshops are based on a minimum of 2 hours. The upper limit is up to you!
- Develop a workshop to suit your particular needs
- Understand the principles of light and composition
- Develop your technical skills around flash or night photography, or embrace your creative side
- Expert tuition from an expert coach!
- Kits include a camera body and lens. The cost is $75. Kits are limited, so if interested, please book this when you book and confirm your workshop
- Your camera
- Tripod (if appropriate)
- Memory cards
- Accessories, such as filters, lens hood, etc
- Fully charged camera battery plus a spare (if you have one)
Comfy walking shoes, Weather appropriate clothing, Sunscreen / hat
Vendor sincce 2015
The Aperture Club runs photography workshops and tours that allow you to develop your creativity, meet like-minded people and be part of an evolving exciting club with endless possibilities.
The Aperture Club is a social classroom of practical and interactive learning.
The various photography workshops, tours, day and weekend excursions are designed to create an environment that helps you think like a photographer, understand observation and learn to capture what you see.
Discover your passion or just becoming more knowledgeable with your camera.
Allow yourself to explore new techniques and to develop a new understanding of photography.
Being part of The Aperture Club also allows you to get away from regular life, spend uninterrupted time meeting new friends, identify your interests and enjoy the fun and adventure of photography.
We look forward to you growing with us…
Terms & Conditions
1). Registration and Payment
Full payment (and any associated extra’s and booking fees) must be paid in full at the time of booking to ensure your place on the photography workshop or special event.
2). Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If a photography workshop or special event is cancelled by us, or re-scheduled due to bad weather or any other emergency you can re-book onto another scheduled date for the same workshop or special event. If no alternative date is available a refund will be provided and must be accepted a full and final settlement.
2. If you need to cancel a workshop or special event, this must be made in writing (email) and the following cancellations fees will apply;
a. If cancelled 15 days (or more) in advance of the workshop or special event date, the cancellation fee is 50%.
b. No refund is available if you cancel 14 days (or less) before the start date of the workshop or special event.
3. The Aperture Club is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
Through the course of the day, images of the group including individual participants may be taken and subsequently used for marketing of The Aperture Club. Please inform us prior to the photography workshop or special event if you prefer to be excluded from any images used to market The Aperture Club. Requests need to be made in writing (email) in advance of the workshop or special event start date.
4). Gift Vouchers – Conditions of Use
1. Gift vouchers are to be redeemed by person named on the voucher only and can be exchanged for any workshop or special event offered through The Aperture Club.
2. Gift vouchers can not be redeemable for cash.
3. Gift vouchers may be used as part or full payment for any workshop or special event. If the fees are more than the amount specified on the voucher the bearer of the voucher must pay the additional fees, being the difference between the value of the voucher and the total cost of the workshop or special event being booked. If the cost of the workshop or special event is less than the amount specified on the voucher, no refund is provided.
3. Gift Vouchers must be redeemed with 365 days of the date of purchase.
5). Workshop Schedule and Agenda
All photography workshops and special event schedules and plans are subject to change at our discretion depending upon, but not limited to, adverse weather, health and safety considerations, or any other factor as determined by us.
6). Limit of Liability
The Aperture Club; Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario and Warren Smith accept no liability for death, illness, accident or injury or loss or damage to photo equipment or personal belongings during the course of any workshop or special event, or in transit thereto. We do not accept any responsibility for loss or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop or special event due to exceptional circumstances. The Aperture Club’s liability shall be limited to the total value of the workshop or special event. The Aperture Club is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss. By booking and paying for any workshop or special event offered by The Aperture Club, participants acknowledge that they are aware of the risks of personal injury and deem themselves physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop or special event. Further they release The Aperture Club, Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario, Warren Smith, guest presenters, guest speakers, assistants, trainees and models from all liability for death, injury, illness, accident or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in the workshop or special event.
7). Your Agreement to this contract
In reserving a place on the photography workshop or special event and paying the appropriate fee/s, you agree to accept all of the above terms and conditions. The person who makes the booking does so on behalf of all of the individuals included in that booking; all are bound by the same terms and conditions.
For terms and conditions associated with a Meetup, please refer to the general ‘Terms and Conditions’ listed on the Meetup website, which you agreed to when you registered as a Member of Meetup.