Punch Needle Workshop (2022)
(Private Dates Available)
If you haven’t seen punch needling / a video of punch needling / someone punch needling … are you even on Instagram?! Along with embroidery, weaving and textile art, punch needling is making a huge come back in the art and craft world as we speak!
You may be asking, why is this retro fibre mastery having a moment? Well, we think it has something to do with the INSTANT gratification of this majorly additive craft form, as well as the to die for texture you get when punching a needle threaded with fibre up and down through a piece of monk cloth. It is super quick, super fun and to be frank, we can’t get enough. If you want in, come along to our PUNCH NEEDLE WORKSHOP and see what all the talk is about...
What you will learn
- Info on framing up your punch needle frame / embroidery hoop using monk cloth
- How to transfer a pattern on to your monk cloth
- How to punch needle like a boss!
What you will get
- Punch needle frame with monk cloth / size 10 punch needle / a selection of patterns to use on the day / wool to complete your punch needle piece
- Notes to take home to reference post workshop. Information sheet on suppliers and materials
- You will also be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Your finest punching clobber
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts. Suitable for beginners
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions