**PLEASE NOTE, THIS HAS BEEN SCHEDULED TO 2023 - NEW DATE TBC **
Patchwork quilts are good for the soul - they are colourful and quirky, unique to each maker. Creating quilts by hand is slow and meditative. Small pockets of time spent stitching can add up to one amazing work of art that is useful and has a purpose. There is nothing quite like tucking a loved one in under a quilt you made lovingly by hand.
Lu has been making quilts by hand for over 15 years and really enjoys sharing her knowledge about patchwork.
From beginners to the more advanced sewers, all are welcome!
What you will learn
- We will spend some time in the morning looking at the quilts Lu has made by hand, discussing different techniques and terminology as we go.
- Lu will give a demonstration on how to draw, cut and hand-piece two fundamental patchwork blocks in quilting: The classic and crowd favourite, ‘Hexagon Flower’ and the well-known block, ‘Flying Geese’.
- Participants will then work with their supplied kit to hand-piece a block or two, leaving the day with confidence to carry on with this beautiful craft.
What you will get
- Hand-piecing kit which includes a small selection of patchwork fabrics, 1 x needle, 2 x pins, thread, a sheet of sandpaper (this will make sense in class!), Templastic, a small acrylic Hexagon template, and 1/4” ruler.
- Notes to take home to reference post workshop. Information sheet on suppliers and a detailed tools list
- You will also be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
What to bring
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
What to wear
Your finest patchworking outfit?
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts. Suitable for beginners
Find an inspiring workshop – ceramics, painting, watercolour, weaving, pottery, leather making, gin tasting, punch needle, ikebana, kokedama – you name it!
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.
We have been described as "the craft version of a spa day".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 4 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$50.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 4 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
You may be photographed at this event.
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of how we pay artists, order materials and supplies and pre-pay for catering and beverages, no refunds are available.
Purchase of your ticket accepts these Terms and Conditions