The Portrait Illustration Masterclass is a 4-week course jam packed with techniques, demonstrations and secret tips to drawing a Realistic Portrait! I taught myself to draw from the age of 19 and 100% believe that all illustration skills can be learnt by anyone (yep, that includes you!). This course is created to introduce you to new methods, improve your drawing skills and lift your creativity to a whole new level. Whether you’re a complete beginner or a sketching whiz - this is the course for you!
WEEK 1 - Eyes & brows
Eyes are the centrepiece of the face and the most crucial part of nailing the expression of your subject. We'll get straight into drawing the eyes & brows, making sure each detail comes through effectively. In this class we will also walk through all the art tools and products that are best used for portrait illustration work.
WEEK 2 - Other facial features
The mouth, nose, ears and chin are next, and where we really start to see the face come together. With a few simple techniques, we'll work closely on each facial feature and learn how to make them pop off the page.
WEEK 3 - Skin
Skin is my favourite part as this gives the face dimension and that super realistic effect! This week we learn about shading and I will share some of my secret sauce techniques that I have used in portrait artworks.
WEEK 4 - Hair
Hair is regularly claimed to be the hardest part about portrait work. Over the years I have learnt some super effective methods to simplify the process and draw hair more quickly & easily. In this lesson we will practice some of these and work towards a finished portrait.
4 week course held on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- Skills & techniques for drawing in a realistic style
- Applying those techniques to a new portrait from start to finish (which you will complete by the end of the course!)
- Secret industry tips and advice
- [COURSE ONLY STUDENTS] - At the end of the 4 weeks you will walk away with a completed Portrait Illustration, workbook & PDF, plenty of new skills and a boost of inspiration!
- [COURSE + ARTKIT STUDENTS] - You will also receive a curated artkit of all the supplies I personally use, at your first class.
- [COURSE + ARTKIT + 1 ON 1 STUDENTS] - As well as the artkit, you will also receive a 1-hour 1-on-1 session with me to critique your work and offer feedback. Sessions will be arranged after enrolment.
- Feel free to bring along any art supplies you already have but everything will be provided for you anyway.
- A keenness to learn!
Clothes that make you feel awesome!
This course is suitable for all drawing levels, this may be of particular interest to those who already draw and want to boost their realism skills even further.
Vendor sincce 2017
Based in Melbourne, Australia. Creating globally.
I'm always on the lookout for exciting and inspiring projects and collaborations to increase the uniqueness and personality of other business's products and services, as well as create some sweet sweet illustrative magic :)