Is your child simply ‘mad’ about wildlife? Does your child aspire to work with animals? Then the Wild Action® Junior Zoo keeper program is the perfect gift, or school holiday treat for them! Students will be placed in groups, relative to their age and experience. Don't let the 'Junior' deter your animal 'nuts' teenager. Chris Humfrey will personally take each group on a tour around his very own private zoo.
STRICTLY Limited participants!
A maximum of 15 students a day will only be accepted into our program. This means that your child will never miss out! Live shows, hands-on demonstrations and professional supervision... leads to a unique experience never to be forgotten! We GUARANTEE that the program which Chris Humfrey offers is the most interactive 'hands-on' wildlife experience offered anywhere.
What you will learn
- Learn to classify animals into phyla, class, order, family, genus and species. Learn to prepare food for a myriad of species & Get involved in our endangered species breeding programs with woylies, sooty owls, cassowaries, and spot-tailed quolls.
- Participate in captive husbandry techniques and learn to handle wildlife. Be prepared for a very 'hands-on' day. Our expert team take the time to photograph your child's very WILD day.
- Develop a greater appreciation and respect for their natural world, and work with a group of people who are all dedicated to preserving and understanding native wildlife.
What you will get
- Junior Zoo Keeper Certificate of participation.
- USB stick with photographs of your child's amazing WILD experience.
- A WILD experience to remember for the rest of their lives!
What to bring
- Your child will need to bring a snack and packed lunch for the day's activities.
- Suitable outdoor clothing for the day's experience. Please note weather forecast the day before the class.
What to wear
Sturdy shoes and clothing suitable for the day's weather forecast are essential.
Suitable for ages 5 - 17 year old
Wild Action was Established in 1994. The Company was created by zoologist Chris Humfrey to satiate his personal desire to educate people about the amazing biodiversity in Australia. Chris was particularly keen on creating interactive ’hands-on’ incursions which captivated and inspired children. Humfrey always had a wonderment for nature, and it always amazed him that others didn't always share his passion for the beauty and magic of the Natural World.
Twenty one years later, Wild Action Zoo is now a state of the art private zoological facility in the Macedon Ranges, and operates the only 'truly' mobile zoo in the State of Victoria. The Wild Action Zoo Team breed many rare and endangered species.
Wild Action employs a Team 10 full-time staff members, and our award winning Company educates well over 250,000 school children a year....on all things Wild!
Ultimately, it is Wild Action's goal to inspire people to develop an interest and empathy in all things ‘WILD’, by delivering responsible, sustainable and educational wildlife encounters.
Wild Action shows do make a difference!
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 1 day before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$30.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Wild Action or organised by Wild Action must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Wild Action.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Wild Action unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Wild Action classes and events or on Wild Action's premises. (For use of Wild Action marketing materials).
Wild Action requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.