Multiple Levels - Cafe Barista - Canberra
(+3 more dates)
The ONA Coffee Ultimate Cafe Barista Course is designed to open your eyes to the world of coffee and give you an intensive two part workshop providing the necessary skills to go out and get that cafe barista job you wanted.
ONA Coffee supplies cafe businesses around Australia and the world as well as running leading cafes that push the boundaries of coffee service. With this wealth of experience we will teach you the essential skills of becoming a cafe barista.
We will equip you with the technical skills to competently operate an espresso machine. The variables are endless, however, there are three main areas to focus on that can make or break a coffee from cup to cup; Extractions, Milk Stretching & Pouring.
By the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of the correct way to perform these skills. You will then experience workflow and service mimicking a cafe as well as basic setup and pack-down procedures required of a barista.
This course is jam packed and will provide you with that necessary base to becoming a cafe barista.
The Ultimate Cafe Barista Course is designed for the new or soon to be cafe barista with limited to no experience working on a machine. Home baristas and enthusiasts are also welcome should they want to jam pack a day full of learning.
- Introduction to the machine and grinder, safety warnings & how to achieve consistency with manual grinding & free-pouring shots
- Analysing the correct espresso volume, time, dose, aroma, taste & colour
- Correct dosing, distribution & tamping
- Fundamentals of ristretto vs espresso & extractions needed for all your café beverages
- Break down our two-stage approach of how to achieve silky milk
- Learn how to free-pour all your coffees to get the correct depths of foam & ideal ‘canvas’.
- Setup procedures
- Introduction to cafe service and hospitality principles
- Daily & weekly maintenance and pack down procedures needed to maintain ideal machine performance.
All classes are limited to 3 participants one per machine giving you ample one on one time with a trainer to improve your skills fast. You will receive an Electronic Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class.
Should you be interested in gaining a job in an ONA Coffee supplied cafe we will take your details and consult with our partners on any openings available.
What you will learn
- The necessary skills needed to start working as a barista
What you will get
- You will receive an Electronic Certificate of Achievement at the completion of the class.
- Ultimate Cafe Barista courses are limited to 4 participants to maximise one on one learning
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm!
What to wear
Casual and closed shoes.
People with limited to no barista experience and those wanting to get a job as a barista
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 1 day before class starts. An admin fee of AU$5.00 applies.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Please allow a minimum of 48 hours' prior to course commencement to transfer or cancel your course attendance, or you will forfeit your full course and booking fee. Thank you!!
If you wish to transfer to another course or cancel your booking, you must contact ONA Coffee via email email@example.com or call 02 6162 3321 more than 48 hours' prior to course commencement, for a course refund (please note you will forfeit the $5.80 booking fee!!)