Keen on bettering your lettering? Convert your work from sketch to screen with this four-hour masterclass. It will cover the fundamentals of typography, best practices when working with type (both by hand and digitally), and how to transform your sketch or hand lettering into a digital vector. Vectors allow greater flexibility and accuracy than working on paper; pieces can be modified, recoloured and scaled infinitely without losing resolution. This workshop will give you the know-how to digitise your doodles so they’re logo-ready. You don’t need to be an advanced user, but experience using Adobe Illustrator is very useful to fully grasp the techniques covered in this class.
In this 4.5 hour masterclass with Melbourne Illustrator & Designer Bobby Haiqalsyah, you’ll learn the fundamentals of converting your hand-drawn lettering to a vector piece.
What we’ll cover:
- Type basics and working with type
- Introduction to practical lettering
- Advanced tips and techniques when working digitally with type
- Learning material for you to take home
What to bring:
- If you’re already experienced in hand lettering, bring your tools and samples of work
- Samples of work that inspire you (print or digital)
- Your own laptop with a copy of Adobe Illustrator is compulsory
- Cover the techniques used to create a variety of letterforms
- An open discussion on how to tackle different situations in basic letterform creations.
- Talk about advanced techniques and effects that you can apply to your lettering.
- An in-depth understanding of how to turn your hand-drawn lettering into a finished digitsed piece of work
- Useful tips and techniques
- Personalised tuition and trouble-shooting advice
- Material for further research and exploration after the workshop
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
- A laptop with an up to date version of Adobe Illustrator (no later than CS6)
- Some sketches of hand-lettering that you would like to vectorise
- Some examples or visual references of specific styles/ techniques you would like to try and emulate
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.