Introduction to Italic Script
About This Class
- Monday, 13 July 2015, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
What You Will Learn
- Learn the exquisite and elegant form of calligraphy - “Italic Script”.
- Master new flourishes and forms for your letters.
- Draw/write beautiful lettering in easy learnable steps.
What You Get
- Nib with a holder
- Calligraphy ink
- Calligraphy notepad
- Instruction book
- Lots of extra tips and techniques
Learn the Exquisite and Elegant form of Calligraphy “Italic Script”. You will gain insight into Ancient Italian letters with flourish and lines along with a little bit of history.
You will learn:
- How to draw/write beautiful lettering in easy learnable steps
- Learn new flourishes and forms for your letters
- Learn flexibility and spacing for words
- How to comfortably grip your pen for calligraphy
- How to develop new tones and curves of lines
- Bring your playfulness and mindfulness
About Zenab Bastawala
Zenab is a a type anthropologist and a calligrapher with love of harmony, rhythm and space of letters.
Her love of letter forms led her to specialise in the beautiful art of writing called calligraphy. She developed the understanding of type with its lines and shapes and her constant research about the history and formation of letters has given her new ways of thinking in calligraphy. She has been working as a designer for 9 years with 3 years of lettering study.