Whether you have finished school or transitioning in your life, life can be a bitch when you don’t know what to do. A good place to start is to ask yourself, what are you curious about? These days, we are expected to be unicorns and jack-of-all-trades. Learning new skills will give you that advantage so you can poop rainbows and vomit glitter!
This is a beginner’s workshop and an introduction to Adobe Photoshop to give you the basic skills needed to create your own branded suite of digital elements for use on websites and social media.
You will use templates and automated tools to speed up the design process and give you more time to work on what really drives your passions. Creating your own branded online content helps to make your project stand out from the rest and gives your audience something to keep coming back for.
Adobe certified tutor Stuart Garske will guide you through and help you understand the platform so you walk away a little bit smarter.
There will be a 30 min lunch break where the legends from Redfern's hottest new cafe Henry Lees will supply a lunch that will most likely make you never want to eat anywhere else again!! Check them out here: http://henrylees.com.au
About Almost Real and Stuart Garske:
About Almost Real
Almost Real is a community that seeks out Australian creatives that “do what they want, not what’s expected” and drifters that “create anywhere”. A source of inspiring interviews, sharing stories about creative people and places.
About Stuart Garske
Stuart is a passionate designer, artist, photographer. He has worked in various creative fields with experience in events, producing live performance, costume design, film & television, special effects makeup, styling & photography. Stuart graduated top in NSW in Graphic Design. Since Graduation Stuart has run his own business that covers Branding, Content production & photography. Stuart has taught The Adobe Suite / Creative Cloud at Metro Screen for the past 4 years, previously mentoring the participants for PopUp Parramatta, Design Masterclasses for MAC Cosmetics and AR is stoked to be collaborating with him on these workshops.
- Learn the basic skills needed to create your own branded suite of digital elements for use on websites and social media
- Learn to use templates and automated tools to speed up the design process
- Create your own branded online content that helps to make your project stand out from the rest
- Your own branded suite of digital elements for use on websites and social media
- Digital tools to use during and after the course
- A small font pack
- Photoshop templates for a range of online applications
- One on one time with Stuart
- **A very special lunch will be provided by Henry Lees, the hottest cafe in Redfern right now. You'll be able to select any delicious item from their menu on the day
- Your own laptop with Photoshop installed.
- If you don’t have Photoshop, download the free Photoshop trial offered by Adobe. Link: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/photoshop. If you have troubles then we can help you on the day.
- Business Logo (high res files, eps or pdf.)
- Product images and or personal photography (high res files jpeg, tiif or psd).
- If you do not have any logos or images supplement files will be provided.
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. The tickets are fully transferable. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.