Aside from making art, the hardest part of being an artist is navigating self-promotion and professional relationships. Regardless of whether you’ve been making art for two months or ten years, finding time to write artist statements and network with galleries and collectors can be difficult. Not to mention maintaining a healthy social media presence. Trust us, we know! We understand! And we want to help you.
Hence our workshops. They’re an opportunity for you to work directly with us on your online presence and professional network. We’ll answer your questions, help you build an effective strategy, and teach you what we’ve learnt over the years about fostering relationships with galleries and collectors.
What makes us so qualified to talk about this stuff? Well, beinArt Gallery has over 500K followers on Facebook, more than 130K on Instagram and a 7K+ opt-in mailing list. We like to think we’ve got a pretty good handle on social media, and we’ve also got years worth of firsthand experience in reviewing artists statements and exhibition proposals. And the best thing is you don’t have to make the type of art we exhibit at beinArt Gallery to take advantage of our straightforward, practical advice. We strongly believe that just as art and creativity are universal; so are solid networking skills!
ABOUT BEINART GALLERY
Jon Beinart founded the beinArt Collective in 2003 and has been actively involved in the contemporary art scene for nearly two decades. Under the beinArt banner, Jon has amassed a following of over half a million people, and manages a responsive opt-in mailing list of over 10,000 art enthusiasts. He has curated solo and group shows in Australia and overseas, and is a keen practicing artist himself – check out his work here [*insert link]. He has a tireless desire to inspire and facilitate creativity in others, as well as an excellent understanding of the creative arts, social networking and business branding.
Corinne has worked with Jon for over six years, and yes, they’re a real-life couple as well as a business brainstrust. She studied education and law at university, and has also worked in adult education and professional development. Prior to becoming the manager of beinArt Gallery, Corinne worked on copywriting and communications for beinArt Publishing, and managed beinArt’s social media and promotional campaigns. She has significant experience in project management and artist care, and a knack for creative production across advertising and design.
- Learn the secrets of navigating self-promotion and professional relationships as an artist
- Learn how to construct a tailored social media plan, including how to structure your time day-to-day and schedule social media posts to gain optimum engagement
- Gain insider knowledge about how to approach galleries, websites, agencies and studios
- Advice on how to construct a tailored social media plan on how to build and maintain a healthy mailing list including how to structure your time day-to-day and schedule social media posts to gain optimum engagement
- Insider knowledge about how to approach galleries, websites, agencies and studios
- A stack of carefully selected of useful templates and articles.
- The option to purchase a copy of Launching Your Art Career by Alix Sloan; the creative bible for contemporary artists ($15 pre-purchase online or bring cash on the night).
- A beer on arrival thanks to Young Henrys
- Bring along your current artist statement & social media profiles (optional)
- Something to take notes with (pen and paper or computer/tablet)
Vendor sincce 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. The tickets are fully transferable. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)