ONE NIGHT PALATE TRAINER
Where; Armadale Cellars
When; Once a month, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Our one-night Palate Trainer is an intimate course conducted by Phil Hude, a 20 year veteran in the Melbourne wine industry and owner of Armadale Cellars.
Designed for both novice and connoisseur, this two-hour class will help you gain a better understanding of your own palate, and teach you how to pick out specific wine faults which occur in 1 out of 12 bottles!
Expose your palate to tannin, acid, bitterness, alcohol and TCA (cork taint) in wines. Learn how to identify them by smell and taste, and experience where each occurs on the palate.
This is a fantastic class for beginners, and also a great refresher course for those who have been tasting for years.
Great for corporate events too!
What some attendees have said;
‘I can happily say that it exceeded my expectations, I learnt a great deal about wine and how to understand it better. It was a good night and really worth it’
‘We had a great night and enjoyed the casual yet very well presented night. Definitely recommend’
- Gain a better understanding of your own palate
- Learn how to pick out specific wine faults which occur in 1 out of 12 bottles
- Learn what TCA (cork taint) smells like and fully understand the differences between bitterness, acidity, tannin, etc
Vendor sincce 2013
Armadale Cellars is about providing you with a memorable experience. Their courses in Melbourne are legendary for information, cutting edge wines and an awesome social atmosphere. Armadale Cellars has been a wine educator for almost 20 years.
As one of Melbourne's leading independant retailer, Armadale Cellars team is led by Roseworthy graduate Phil Hude who is renowned for his no-nonsense and no-compromise attitude to wine as well as securing some of the leading figures in Australia wine industry to help present his informative and fun-filled courses and special events.
1. Participants can change the date of their course, if requested, up to one calendar week before the commencement of the course. No refunds can be given for events or courses within one week of commencement.
2. We request that all participants park on High Street (where there are no parking restrictions after 6.30pm) when attending a wine course or event.
3. Gift certificate valid within 12 months of purchase. Certificates are not redeemable for cash or wine.