One-Night Palate Trainer
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE!
SELECT “GIFT THIS CLASS” AND GIFTEES CAN REDEEM TOWARDS A DATE OF THEIR CHOICE
ONE NIGHT PALATE TRAINER
Where; Armadale Cellars
When; Once a month, 6.30pm – 8.45pm
Our one-night Palate Trainer is an intimate course conducted by our experienced presenters from the wine industry.
Designed for both novice and connoisseur, this two-hour class will help you gain a better understanding of your own palate, and teach you how to pick out specific wine faults which occur in 1 out of 12 bottles!
Expose your palate to tannin, acid, bitterness, alcohol and TCA (cork taint) in wines. Learn how to identify them by smell and taste, and experience where each occurs on the palate.
Concluding the evening, we will end with a tasting bracket of curated premium wines to taste a well-balanced wine with all the complexities of what's discussed during the forum.
This is a fantastic class for beginners, and also a great refresher course for those who have been tasting for years.
Great for corporate events too!
What some attendees have said;
‘I can happily say that it exceeded my expectations, I learnt a great deal about wine and how to understand it better. It was a good night and really worth it’
‘We had a great night and enjoyed the casual yet very well presented night. Definitely recommend’
What you will learn
- Gain a better understanding of your own palate
- Learn how to pick out specific wine faults which occur in 1 out of 12 bottles
- Learn what TCA (cork taint) smells like and fully understand the differences between bitterness, acidity, tannin, etc
What you will get
- Invaluable knowledge that they can apply to every wine they try
- Conclude the evening with a brtacket of premium, well-balanced wines
What to bring
- A willing palate
What to wear
Smart casual attire
Any one wanting to expand their basic wine knowledge
Armadale Cellars is about providing you with a memorable experience. Their courses in Melbourne are legendary for information, cutting edge wines and an awesome social atmosphere. Armadale Cellars has been a wine educator for over 20 years.
As one of Melbourne's leading independant retailer, Armadale Cellars team is led by Roseworthy graduate Phil Hude who is renowned for his no-nonsense and no-compromise attitude to wine as well as securing some of the leading figures in Australia wine industry to help present his informative and fun-filled courses and special events.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
1. There are no refunds for Courses & Events.
2. If you are unable to attend an event or course at/with Armadale Cellars you must inform us (at a minimum) 1 full week (7 days) prior in writing/email and we can transfer you to another course or event. After that, it is your responsibility to fill the spot with a friend, family or anyone you deem to substitute for you, otherwise seat/booking lapses .
3. No transfers will be given within 1 week of the course/event start date.
4. Public transport is best way to get to events/courses and if driving we request that all participants park on High Street (where there are no parking restrictions after 6.30pm).
5. Gift certificate/bookings valid within 36 months of purchase. Certificates/bookings are not redeemable for cash or wine, nor refundable.
More From Armadale Cellars
Shiraz ChallengeShiraz ChallengeArmadale, VIC