Small Ceramic Sculpture Workshop
Learn how to make small ceramic sculptures with Aoife Billings in this two hour class. Ideal for beginners, and those interested in trying out ceramics!
You can create holiday gifts or turn your sculptures into Xmas ornaments if you please!
Aoife will bring you through basic clay techniques specifically for small sculpture making, and help you design and create!
You will learn:
-The clay process
-How to use clay to make a sculpture
-How to use underglazes to decorate
This class is an introductory version of the four week series of Small Ceramic Sculptures.
Pick up times of fired/glazed pieces before Xmas:
12th, 13th and 14th of December
Let Aoife know if you have covid, been in contact with someone who has covid, or you have symptoms; Aoife will reschedule your ticket for a date in the future.
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer- run not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
What you will learn
- Beginner's techniques for ceramic sculpture
- Painting with underglaze
- Basic ceramic theory
What you will get
- Zine with hints and tips for ceramics
- Small sculptures made by you!
What to bring
- Drink bottle
- Mess clothes or smock
- Small hand towel/wash cloth
What to wear
All ages 11+ (attendees under 16 must be accompanied by an adult)
Pink Ember is proudly a queer artist-run initiative. Beyond its well-crafted workshops, this space serves as a centre for artists, providing art studios, exhibitions, and events by artists.
Central to Pink Ember's ethos is creating a safe, warm, welcoming environment. All class sizes are kept small for more individual attention, and we are committed to making our workshop experiences as accessible as possible.
Pink Ember has a dedicated ceramics studio as part of the larger venue.
By coming to a ceramic workshop at Pink Ember’s specialised ceramics studio, taught by ceramic fine artists and very experienced teachers Georgia Howard and Aoife Billings, you are welcomed to be part of our community of artists and locals who regularly attend our events and workshops.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into. Limited fill in classes reserved for students who are sick/cannot attend due to extraordinary circumstances. Get in contact ASAP if you cannot attend a class you have booked into
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Pink Ember will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - By booking in, you agree to give Pink Ember unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Pink Ember staff have the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
- COVID - If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife the workshop manager as soon as possible via email@example.com
- NEWSLETTER - By booking into a workshop at Pink Ember Studio, you agree to be put on the Pink Ember newsletter. A monthly update of what’s happening at the studio - e.g upcoming events, markets, and workshops. You can unsubscribe easily by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.