What You Will Learn
- Learn what this thing called User Experience is all about and what it means to you and your organisation.
What You Get
- Get an intro to a broad cross section of UX topics in order to help gauge areas of interest most relevant to your circumstances.
At a Glance
In this 1 hour introductory session you will receive a high level overview of user experience.
User experience (UX) focuses on having a deep understanding of users, what they need, what they value, their abilities, and also their limitations. UX best practices promote improving the quality of the user’s interaction with and perceptions of your product and any related services.
What You Will Get
An overview of what UX is, why it's important and an introduction to different UX topics, such as:
- Information Architecture – the secret ingredient to creating a great experience with your app or website
- Lean UX
- Wireframing and User Interface Design
- User Testing Enterprise Applications
- Usability Testing on a budget – Doing it without a lab and two-way mirrors
- Improving the User Experience of your Intranet
- Creating Personas
- Card Sorting Workshops – How and Why
- Online Card Sorting
- Guerrilla Testing your App’s User Experience – How to do it and what to look out for.
- Collaborative Design Workshops – Everyone is a designer
- Measuring the difference you make to the User Experience: Benchmark Testing
Who Should Attend This Class?
This introductory class is designed for marketers, product managers, project managers, web developers and professionals with a general interest in learning about UX.
Where To From Here?
- UX Fundamentals (4 hour workshop)
What To Bring
- Pad and pen
- The right side of your brain
- Anything from suits and ties to jeans and Chuck Taylors! Innovation isn't dependent on dresscode.
- Contact the team at email@example.com or (03) 9996 1257 to enquire about group bookings.
- Our workshops and classes can take place both on campus, on-site at your organisation as well as third party sites and events such as conferences.
About The Instructor
Florian Nachreiner has over 10 years experience in managing and evangelising, defining and designing, evaluating and testing, inspecting and recommending, communicating and defending, wireframing and prototyping, documenting and specifying the user experience. He has spent time in senior UX roles at companies such as Medibank, ANZ, Siemens, ABB and is currently the Lead UX Specialist at consulting and technology firm Oakton.