At a Glance
In this 1 hour introductory session you will receive a high level overview of design thinking.
Design thinking is a proven methodology for breaking down complex problems to find creative solutions through a process of prototyping. It is a process used not just for designing new business ventures or products and services, but has also been used to address complex social challenges and human-centred systems.
What You Will Get
An overview of what Design Thinking is, why it's effective and an introduction to the different stages of Design Thinking, such as:
Immersion - mapping a problem through observation, empathy, and data
Synthesis - pattern finding and making new connections
Ideation - driving and filtering creative ideas
Prototyping - forming a pitch; iterating and scaling the solution
Feedforward - finding channels to drive strong feedback for further growth
Who Should Attend This Class?
This introductory class is designed for marketers, product managers, project managers, web developers and professionals with a general interest in learning about design thinking and UX.
- How To Think Like an Innovator (desired but not essential)
- Enterprise Innovation Fundamentals (desired but not essential)
Where To From Here?
- Design Thinking Crash Course
What To Bring
- An open mind
- Anything from suits and ties to jeans and Chuck Taylors! Innovation isn't dependent on dresscode.
- Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9996 1257 to enquire about group bookings.
- Our workshops and classes can take place both on campus, on-site at your organisation as well as third party sites and events such as conferences.
About The Instructor
Hamish Curry works for NoTosh, a global organisation using creative approaches like design thinking to solve some of the biggest challenges with systems of learning. Working across creative industries, education sectors, the cultural sector, and investors in learning, Hamish provides expertise in breaking down problems to find the innovative solutions.
He has worked in education systems in the UK and Japan, run a city school for teenagers in Melbourne, grown new media programs for the State Library of Victoria, facilitated a Startup Weekend, and been central to the development of Do Lectures Australia. As the Senior Consultant for NoTosh his purpose is to empower learners to be creative problem solvers.
- The five stages of design thinking
- You will get an overview of what design thinking is and of the five stages of design thinking - immersion, synthesis, ideation, prototyping and feedforward.
- Notebook and pen
- The right side of your brain
Anything from smart casual to corporate
Vendor sincce 2015
Open Innovation Hub where Startups and Corporates alike can Learn, Connect, and Innovate - together.
Offering short, high-impact classes and workshops on Lean Startup, Digital Marketing, Data Science, Design Thinking and Agile Methodologies.
Disrupt yourself, before someone else does.