Private English Tutoring (Online)
(Private Dates Available)
Direct Speech offers private tutoring for high school students and primary students. Field has three degrees in education and 40 years’ experience as an English tutor. She tutors Grade 5, up to and including Year 12. Field has been a senior mistress at Chadstone High, a coordinator and Head of English at Waverley High and for 11 years at Mount Scopus College. Field’s students achieve consistently high results. She has been an external marker for VCE and has chosen texts for her school as well as introducing curriculum changes to enhance the English program
- Her students love the way she tutors, commenting that she really knows how to teach grammar, essays, comprehension and creative writing. Of course, her students all do well in the oral components too.
- Field can teach reading, writing, essay structure, essay planning, Literature, and even English Language.
- Field does one–on–one or zoom sessions with students all over Australia. Some of her students even travel two hours by train for sessions.
- So, whether it is to hone your skills, get into select schools or you are struggling, Judith Field’s tuition is for you. Finally, Judith has helped university students pass the IELTS exams with flying colours.
What you will learn
- Direct Speech offers private tutoring for high school students and primary students.
What you will get
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
What to bring
- Just your enthusiasm!
What to wear
Grade 5, up to and including Year 12.
Judith Field has 30 years’ experience teaching secondary school English. As Head of English at Mount Scopus Memorial College she implemented an Oral Communication program which saw many shy students overcome their barriers to public speaking and has since gone on to train many school public speaking competition winners.
As a public speaking Melbourne trainer for students and teachers in primary and secondary schools, her expertise and humour combine to provide valuable, informative and entertaining seminars. Judith has seen students gain control of their strengths and teachers rediscover the joys of teaching.
Recently Judith Field has been appointed Coordinator of Literacy for the Implementation of VELS – Victorian Essential Learnings.
Judith Field has:
- a Trained Secondary Teacher Certificate
- two Bachelor of Education Degrees (Primary & Secondary)
- a Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
- She runs her own public speaking courses in Melbourne.
Judith Field is:
- a wedding MC
- an English tutor
- a member of Toastmasters
- a member of the National Speakers Association of Australia
Judith Field currently coordinates PD for VATE and the VCAA for the Plain English Speaking Award.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Direct Speech or organised by Direct Speech must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Direct Speech.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Direct Speech unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Direct Speech classes and events or on Direct Speech's premises. (For use of Direct Speech marketing materials).
Direct Speech requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.