Beginners Wine Class
A single session for those who already enjoy drinking wine but would like to learn more.
Relaxed and highly informative, all the fundamentals are covered, sight, smell, taste, varietal characteristics, service, cellaring, food and wine matching and much more.
On completion participants will feel much more confident when presented with a wine list, entertaining friends, and purchasing fine wine.
Classes are limited to 10 participants, have a strong food component and feature six of Australia’s finest table wines.
2023 Fully Booked !
More dates soon !
What you will learn
- How to taste, assess, store, cellar and serve fine wine
- How to select from a wine list with confidence
- Understanding diffrent styles and flavour profiles
What you will get
- All tuition, wine, food and tasting notes
- The opportunity to meet and interact with others who share a common interest
- A structured tasting featuring six of Australia's finest table wines
What to bring
- A smile and a passion to learn
What to wear
Suitable for all over the age of 18
Fine Wine Appreciation - passionate, independent wine education
Fine Wine Appreciation has been running for over 15 years in Melbourne, conducted by respected wine expert Matthew Hansen. As a highly acclaimed professional chef and educator, Matthew’s personable style and passionate approach ensures all those with a love of fine wine will benefit from his unique and insightful perspectives.
Most importantly, Matthew is Melbourne’s only completely independent educator, and not affiliated with any specific wineries, wine merchant or makers – all wines featured in his courses are offered on merit alone. Fine Wine Appreciation does not accept industry favours, and does not sell wine to participants.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.