A single session for those who already enjoy drinking wine but would like to learn more.
Relaxed and highly informative, all the fundamentals are covered, sight, smell, taste, service, cellaring, food and wine matching and much more.
On completion participants will feel much more confident when presented with a wine list, entertaining friends, purchasing and tasting fine wine.
Classes are limited to 10 participants, have a strong food component and feature six of Australia’s finest table wines.
2018 Fully Booked Next Start Date Monday January 14th
- How to taste, assess, store, cellar and serve fine wine
- How to select from a wine list with confidence
- Understanding diffrent styles and flavour profiles
- All tuition, wine, food and tasting notes
- The opportunity to interact with others who share a common interest
- A structured tasting featuring six of Australia's finest table wines
- A passion to learn
Those who enjoy good food, wine and meeting people
Vendor since 2015
Fine Wine Appreciation - passionate, independent wine education
Fine Wine Appreciation has been running for over 15 years in Melbourne, conducted by respected wine expert Matthew Hansen. As a highly acclaimed professional chef and educator, Matthew’s personable style and passionate approach ensures all those with a love of fine wine will benefit from his unique and insightful perspectives.
Most importantly, Matthew is Melbourne’s only completely independent educator, and not affiliated with any specific wineries, wine merchant or makers – all wines featured in his courses are offered on merit alone. Fine Wine Appreciation does not accept industry favours, and does not sell wine to participants.