LA SHAUN PRESCOTT (Trinidad & Tobago)
Talented | Passionate | Energetic | Fun
Choreographer & dancer, La Shaun Prescott is coming to Sydney this January for 2 Workshops only!
Don't miss the opportunity to learn from choreographer and performer for Machel Montano, and artists such as Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, Timaya, OMI and Lil Jon.
La Shaun will be holding two fantastic workshops in the styles of CARIBBEAN CONTEMPORARY (Contemporary with an afro-Caribbean flavour) and SOCA (the fun, cheeky and energetic Carnival style).
Soca dance is a high energy, rhythmic Caribbean style, named after the music, which originated from Trinidad and Tobago. The class will start with a short warm up, basic moves traditionally done to Soca music (wining and other body isolations), and will include floor work for core strengthening. Movements will be done across the floor simulating the experience of a reveler on the road for Carnival Tuesday. The class ends with a sequence of choreography. Previous dance experience is not required. Sneakers and rags or bandanas are recommended.
Duration: 90 Minutes
- Short warm up, basic moves traditionally done to Soca music.
- Learn from choreographer and performer for Pitbull Machel Montano.
- High energy, rhythmic Caribbean carnival style dance, named after the music, which originated from Trinidad and Tobago.
- Expert tuition from a leader in the field of Caribbean dance and entertainment
- Experience the fun. energy and excitement of the Caribbean carnival style of dance
- An understanding of Caribbean carnival culture
- Your enthusiasm!
- Your energy
- A bandanna / rag or small towel
Vendor since 2017
Free It Up Dance offer Caribbean/Latin dance shows, classes/workshops & performance courses across numerous styles inc. soca, samba, salsa & dancehall.
Free It Up Dance and Entertainment provides quality Latin and Caribbean dance entertainment and dance instruction.
Lead choreographer and performer Jamie Trahanas always aims to provide authenticity and quality to every experience be it teaching, choreographing or performing. She has extensive knowledge of numerous Latin/Caribbean dance styles and has performed, taught and choreographed locally and abroad.