LA SHAUN PRESCOTT (Trinidad & Tobago)
Talented | Passionate | Energetic | Fun
Choreographer & dancer, La Shaun Prescott is coming to Sydney this January for 2 Workshops only!
Don't miss the opportunity to learn from choreographer and performer for Machel Montano, and artists such as Pitbull, Nicki Minaj, Timaya, OMI and Lil Jon.
La Shaun will be holding two fantastic workshops in the styles of CARIBBEAN CONTEMPORARY (Contemporary with an afro-Caribbean flavour) and SOCA (the fun, cheeky and energetic Carnival style).
Caribbean Contemporary Dance Workshop
The Caribbean Contemporary Dance workshop will start with a warm up in the center, focusing on core, balance and strength. It progresses to travelling exercises across the floor including various body isolations, turns and jumps combining modern technique with Caribbean movement. Emphasis will be placed on coordination, musicality and rhythm. A short sequence of choreography will be taught, and the class culminates with stretching. Previous experience in modern and/ or contemporary dance is required.
Duration: 90 Minutes
- Various body isolations, turns and jumps combining modern technique with Caribbean movement.
- Learn from choreographer and performer for Pitbull and Machel Montano.
- A warm up in the center, focusing on core, balance and strength.
- Expert tuition from an experienced international teacher!
- Experience Caribbean contemporary dance from one of the best instructors from the Caribbean in a one time workshop
- An understanding of Caribbean culture and dance
- Your enthusiasm!
- Comfortable dance and fitness clothing
- A towel
Vendor since 2017
Free It Up Dance offer Caribbean/Latin dance shows, classes/workshops & performance courses across numerous styles inc. soca, samba, salsa & dancehall.
Free It Up Dance and Entertainment provides quality Latin and Caribbean dance entertainment and dance instruction.
Lead choreographer and performer Jamie Trahanas always aims to provide authenticity and quality to every experience be it teaching, choreographing or performing. She has extensive knowledge of numerous Latin/Caribbean dance styles and has performed, taught and choreographed locally and abroad.