Welcome to the Two Toned-Earring class!
Having the versatility of mixed metals is a great way to tie different pieces of jewellery in to a visually cohesive whole.
You have a yellow or rose gold ring that you never take off, but would love to wear a silver pendant today? This class has you covered.
Using a base of cool toned Sterling Silver, we will be applying a rich copper overlay to create a unique pair of earrings perfect for any occasion.
Come and join me at Gilded Poppy Makery for a day of creative fun, and at the end of the day, you'll be taking home a gorgeous pair of earrings that will wow your friends and family.
I'm looking forward to seeing you there,
What you will learn
- Hi there! This is a fun and fluid class where the over all design is entirely up to you. Want a different shape? Sure! Would prefer to change the copper overlay? No problem! There is plenty of scope for versatility and it's only limited to your imagination, so enjoy the chance to drop into the creative side of silversmithing with this
What you will get
- You'll be with me from 10 am to 5:30 pm (unless you're all speedy and we finish up earlier!) so I'll have morning tea ready for you when you get here. Coffee and tea are available for you at anytime, and when we break for lunch, there are a number of cafes and eateries nearby, or you can bring your own lunch if you prefer.
What to bring
- Just yourself! A full kit of materials is included in your class fee, and tools will be provided.
What to wear
We are working with fire and really hot metal, so there are a few things that we have to do before we start. 1) Long hair must be tied back, with no stragglers. Headbands are great to keep it from falling forward of your face. 2) Clothes should be of natural materials: Cotton, bamboo, hemp, wool etc. Polyester and Nylon are made from plastic- and plastic melts if something hot lands on it! Sleeves need to be rolled back out of the way, and an apron tied over your clothes to stop anything loose from falling forward. T-shirt and jeans are a great choice, with a flannel shirt if it’s a bit chilly. (I will have an apron here to cover your clothes, so you don’t have to bring your own.) 3) Just like our bodies, our feet need protecting too. Tools are sharp, things are hot, and everything falls downwards if we fumble, so closed toe shoes are a must. Boots, sneakers- anything without gaps will do. 4) Personal jewellery should have as little ‘dangle’ as possible. Charm bracelets and chunky rings are gorgeous but get i
This is an open beginner class, available to those from years 16 and up.
Vendor since 2020
Welcome to the home of Gilded Poppy Makery, a fun, relaxing place to learn the art of Silversmithing.
Here you will meet new friends as you take raw materials and turn them into beautiful pieces of jewellery that will thoroughly impress your friends and family.
Small, intimate classes of no more than five people ensure plenty of one-on-one time with Storm as you put your new skills to the test creating a wide range of projects including rings, earrings, cuffs, bracelets and pendants.
The various classes will cover techniques such as Soldering, Pierce-work, Filing and Finishing, Stone Setting, Fold-forming, Etching, Enamelling, Metal Clay, Kumihimo Cord Making, Viking knit, Wire Wrapping, Bone Carving and so much more. It's fair to say that there is something for everyone, and you won't be bored any time soon!
Book into your class today and bring a friend or two. With a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 people, these classes are perfect way to escape from the daily rat-race for yourself, or as a crafty get-together with friends.
Gilded Poppy Makery is a warm, inclusive place where learning is fun and mistakes are celebrated as 'Design Features' (we have a sticker with that very thing on it!). Bring your curiosity and a sense of humour and join us at the workbench.
I'm looking forward to meeting you all,
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Gilded Poppy requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Gilded Poppy has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Gilded Poppy does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Gilded Poppy to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Gilded Poppy, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Gilded Poppy or organised by Gilded Poppy must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Gilded Poppy
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Gilded Poppy unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Gilded Poppy classes and events or on Gilded Poppy premises. (For use of Gilded Poppy marketing materials).
Gilded Poppy requires 48 hours notice in writing via email prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Gilded Poppy, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.