Individual photography mentoring - CERES
(+3 more dates)
Have you always wanted to learn photography, but never quite worked out how to move off auto mode? Do you learn best at your own pace, in a relaxed one-to-one context? Do you like the idea of a balance between theory and hands-on, practical exercises where you are given helpful and encouraging feedback on the spot, all while exploring a vibrant location?
Join professional photographer and photography teacher Krystal Seigerman for a 2-hour face to face lesson at CERES that is tailored to you and your unique needs. CERES is an environmental education centre, urban farm and social enterprise hub located on Wurundjeri land alongside the Merri Creek in Brunswick East. A beautiful and peaceful bushland location, just 6km from Melbourne’s CBD, CERES is perfect for nature lovers.
Whether you are a complete beginner starting from scratch, or an experienced hobbyist looking to develop new skills, this is for you!
What you will learn
- Optimal camera set up to suit your individual needs and interests
- Key concepts of camera craft
- Tailored, practical tips to improve your photos
What you will get
- Reference notes emailed before the lesson
- A 2-hour individual lesson
- Feedback on previous photos
Limited parking in car park as well as surrounding streets.
What to bring
- Fully charged camera (DSLR, mirrorless or compact – not suitable for smartphones)
- Memory card with adequate storage available
- Notepad and pen to take notes
What to wear
Beginners to intermediate experience level, ages 16 +
If you can't see a suitable date and time, please feel free to email (email@example.com) and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Photography education for everybody
At Camerakind, we deeply believe that, with the right guidance, anyone can learn to take great photographs.
And that’s what we do every day. We empower you by breaking down technical barriers, allowing you to develop your creative eye, gain control of the camera and take better photos. Whether photography is a hobby or a skill needed in your job, our tailored workshops and individual lessons will help you reach your photography goals. We are based in Melbourne, Australia, but our online learning options mean we can work with you, wherever you are.
Krystal Seigerman, Camerakind founder, has been a professional photographer for over 15 years. She also loves sharing her knowledge and has eight years of experience teaching photography at tertiary and community institutions such as RMIT University, La Trobe University, Melbourne Polytechnic and CAE. As an educator, Krystal is recognised for her friendly, accessible and engaging teaching approach. She is skilled at breaking down complex information, removing barriers and inspiring others to develop their technical and creative skills.
Cancellations & Refunds
By making a booking you are agreeing to the following:
- Rescheduling: If you need to reschedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If it is less than 2 weeks before your lesson or workshop, a $40 rescheduling fee will apply. If it is less than 48 hours before your lesson or workshop, it will unfortunately be forfeited. Please note, only one reschedule is possible. Please be aware that if the weather forecast is extreme, we may need to reschedule the lesson the day before.
- Missed lesson/workshop: Camerakind does not offer refunds or makeup sessions for missed lessons or workshops. However, if you can't make a class, you can arrange with Camerakind to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled lesson/workshop: In the event that a lesson or workshop is cancelled by Camerakind, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit or they can reschedule to another available date.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any lessons/workshops or coming to any events at Camerakind or organised by Camerakind must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in lessons, workshops and/or events organised by Camerakind.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Camerakind unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Camerakind lessons, workshops and events or on Camerakind premises. (For use of Camerakind marketing materials).
No cancellations or refunds are possible.
In the event that a lesson or workshop is cancelled by Camerakind, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit or they can reschedule to another available date.