In this very fun 1 hour workshop Watiri Boylen teaches you the fundamental dance moves that is the heart and basis of African dance moves using every part of your body. Music and dance are the soul of African culture. African traditional songs may not be recorded or written down on paper but we have an oral tradition and these songs are passed on from generation to generations.No experience necessary.
- How to cultivate African dance steps and rhythm
- A new way to work-out with no stress
- Expand your knowledge of someone else’s culture
- Experience how it feels to dance collectively in your community setting.
- A new way to work-out with no stress.
- Expand your knowledge of someone elses culture.
- You may bring in an African traditional instrument if you have any and do not be shy to entertain your fellow dancers!
- Yourself and friends recommended( you might just WOW them with your moves.)
- Drinking water provided
Comfortable shoes recommended(feel free to dance bare feet its sheer freedom for your feet) Wear what you want as long its comfortable for you
students all levels
Vendor since 2016
We’re passionate about what we do and can’t wait to share it with you. Below are some of our workshops and classes on offer. To view available dates, pricing options, book online or purchase gift vouchers for a friend or loved one, please make your selection below and follow the prompts.
Mama Africa Education requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Mama Africa Education to organise a refund or transfer
- No show no refund
- 48 hour notice for cancelation or no refund