Learn to Draw-Tweens
Tweens (11yo+) Learn to Draw - After School Classes - Mornington
Kids who participate in the Arts develop -
• Confidence, Pride & Passion
• Communication Skills
• Problem solving abilities
In this class your child will learn the basics & foundational skills of drawing, they will be guided to achieve the best outcome. Each week they will expand with their skills and creativity. They will be encouraged to use their imagination and incorporate decision making and self-expression.
Your child will be taught about different techniques and materials that help understand multiple drawing methods; learning about colour theory, values, form and line, etc. Practicing and honing in on their skills with differing, fun activities, then dedicate a lesson to a finished piece. Private tuition is catered around the student's field of interest, while group classes try to incorporate students' personal interests via drawing.
A materials list will be provided upon booking. Arriving to class fully prepared, assists them to focus on what they are learning.
They will feel proud of themselves along with a sense of achievement. It is about boosting their self esteem, inspiring them, encouraging decision making and expressing themselves through creativity to feel good about themselves.
Expressing creativity through art also elevates serotonin and reduces stress levels. Numerous studies have shown that people find that their mood lifts when they are being creative. This can help the individual transform their negative feelings into ones that are more positive.
- Parents are not required to stay in the class as it is a drop & go activity
- Class may be postponed/cancelled in the case of insufficient bookings
- No classes public holidays
What you will learn
- Basic techniques of drawing
- Learn the foundation skills in drawing
- How to refine and extend their skills in drawing
What you will get
- Engage in social interaction with like minded children
- Boost their confidence, feeling proud of themselves
- Step by Step instruction from a talented artist
- Gain new skills
Google Maps - "Paint Your World"
Located in Mornington Industrial Park, Studio 15/1140 Nepean Hwy, Mornington.
If coming from Bungower Road be sure to turn right onto Nepean Hwy.
Turn left at the driveway at No.1140 Nepean Hwy at Mornington Industrial Park located where Moor Room Storage is. (In between Bata & Officeworks)
Drive down the driveway until you reach studio 15, on the RH rear end of the driveway.
*If you have arrived at Officeworks you have missed the driveway of 1140. Do a u-turn, go back around and take the driveway after Bata & before Officeworks.
*Please note; we are not located in the housing estate!
Ample free parking is available
What to bring
- Sketchbook/Grey lead pencils/Eraser/Sharpener/Colouring Pencils/Fine liner
- Plus anything else you have in your kit you want to use
What to wear
Suitable for 10yo+
Food & drinks are not permitted during classes, a water bottle is ok.
About Paint Your World
Michele Cleaver is a contemporary Artist based on the Mornington Peninsula, her mission is to inspire, educate & uplift people through art. Her personal belief is that art & colour play an important role in our lives. Greatly influenced by colour, her art generates feelings of love, light & joy. She enjoys the flexibility of painting with acrylics, using texture, collage, and exploring various mixed media works.
Having worked with art for over 20 years, including teaching art to various groups of children & adults. Her painting styles are numerous and include fine detailed work to creative and colourful abstracts.
A passionate art tutor, Michele holds regular classes and workshops in Mornington, classes are also available online and a mobile service is available for those in need. Her motto is "Learn to Paint, Anyone Can".
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 30 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
- Please advise asap in the event you are unable to attend a class
- Refer to our refund & cancellation policy for full details
- Studio storage space: If necessary you are able to leave your work to be picked up later but please understand that the storage capacity is limited. A space is provided for ongoing students until your work is completed. Completed artworks or artworks left behind can only be retained for one month after which they will be disposed of.