Kokedama Making Fundraiser Workshop
When: Wed 12th Feb 2020
Where: Surfcoast Wholefoods - Shop 104, 41 Bristol Road. Torquay VIC. Australia.
Included: Local food, drinks and materials supplied.
- General Admission - AU$150.00
- Early Bird Ticket - AU$120.00 for one week only.
- Group Booking - Three + - AU$90.00
This is a local fundraising event. We will be getting creative to assist with the healing of our minds and hearts, empower ourselves with knowledge, share food, positive stories, connect with each other and create all-round good vibes.
On the night we will vote for which organisation the profits will go towards.
You will take home a handcrafted kokedama with you on the night as well as a full heart and the knowledge to make more.
We will share positive stories of what people are doing to support bush fire victims and find out how else we can assist. We will also discuss and share stories on how best we can care for our own gardens and environment to ensure it flourishes in a changing climate.
Kokedama's are an intricately crafted Japanese hanging moss ball plant, is a truly unique way of displaying your favourite plants and creating an indoor plant feature.
A Kokedama can become the focal point of any space especially when hanging in groups. We have been creating these for over 8 years and have tested many materials and methods.
There is nothing better than playing with soil and plants for stress relief and this workshop offers inspiration and guidance to create your own unique kokedama's.
We take you through the essential materials and how to choose the best quality plants. We will also show you techniques to ensure your kokedama is sturdy, healthy and lives a long life once it’s back in your home.
All eco-friendly materials are supplied and you take home what you create.
Remember to bring a re-usable carry bag so you can safely take your creation home.
Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director at Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over seven years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought-provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and an authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel welcome.
We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
All workshop topics available as a tailored private workshop at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, event styling, grazing tables, local native floristry and prop hire for events.
We look forward to enjoying the evening with you all.
Thank you to our venue and food sponsors - Surfcoast Wholefoods https://surfcoastwholefoods.com.au/ if you are in store over the next month thank them for their generosity.
- How to make a Kokedama hanging moss ball
- Share local food, drinks and stories
- What plants work best in Kokedama's and how to look after them
- Take home the kokedama you make
- Enjoy local food and drinks
- Connect with locals and discuss what we can do this year to help bushfire victims
- Remember to bring a re-usable carry bag so you can safely take your creation home.
- All materials provided
What ever you fancy
Vendor since 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne, Surf Coast and travel all over Australia to host events. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative event or workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines and creative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-conscious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.